Roon 1.8 (Build 748/756/763/764) Feedback

Same. I really prefer a wider waveform.

The UI does seem smoother on my Mac, though, which is always nice. However, in general, it feels like the info is less dense, which I’m less a fan of. Maybe it’s just perception, but it just feels like there’s more whitespace, which I’d prefer less of, and overly-large UI elements.

Other than that, I don’t have a ton of feedback so far. I’m not really the target audience for the analytics stuff (I don’t really care one way or another), so the UI changes are really the biggest thing for me, I think.

5 Likes

Same for me Berry. Dutch Windows???

First impression is good!
Installation on all my Android platforms whithout any problems

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: UI display artifacts in 1.8

Already loving it. Great work Roon!

4 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Settings issue on Roon 1.8 [Ticket in - Workaround in thread]

The update went fine on both SGC i5 and iPad.

My BIG issue is I can find nowhere to adjust the number of albums that show up on my laptop or iPad screens. I bet I am getting less than 50% off what I had in the older versions. This is a big issue for me.

11 Likes

Well I have to say the bass is tighter and more rounded, the treble has more air and vocals have less sibilance. The mid range is more forward and the frequencies are better extended. .There is definitely more bass slam and the sound is sublime.

10 Likes

Feedback on Day 1:

1. I’d like to see “Add to tag” added in-line with the current Tags. There’s no need to go up to the three dots and select “Add to tag”
  2. Is it me or is the Font a bit small? Especially when viewing Tracks and data associated with a Track such as “Performed by”, “Composed by”, “Lyrics by”, etc…

Otherwise, I am digging it!

Thanks Team Roon!

4 Likes

Agreed! At least give the old Horizontal Pages as an option.

10 Likes

Just want to say big THANK YOU :heart:.
I have to say I’m very impressed by all the updates in 1.8. Really really cool.

7 Likes

Great look, great feel, but one thing : where are the ratings (the five stars rating from AMG) in the artist page ? It was so useful to pick up an album when you discovered an artist.
Now you have to enter every album to see it…
It is possible to put it back ? In the artist page, and in this marvellous new “Discography” tabs ?

Thanks

19 Likes

Like the snappier remote performance on iPhone

Where are the album reviews?
Am sure I’m likely being thick and missing something but this seems to have disappeared

1 Like

Yes, I am from the netherlands, I am not sure I have a dutch windows version. It stands on english

I may be in the minority but I really dislike the direction Roon is taking with the use of space and the large graphics. I feel like I am using software made for a little child.

26 Likes

+1 same issues

1 Like

Yes, my iPad Pro froze and a core reboot didn’t fix it. Closing all apps on I pad seemed to work…

Artist hyperlinks work, however Album hyperlinks remain stuck in the “album loading” screen.(iPad pro iPadOS 14.4)

Please make the waveform navigation bar wider…it is for all intents and puposes impossible to use on an iPad.

Do like the new look and feel, and thank you for portrait mode :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Same issue here, tested with german and english language.

i have the same issue on configuration page. it shows just browsersettings, not the rest of settings.
i wonder that noone noticed that on testing PC version?