Roon 1.8 (Build 748/756/763/764) Feedback

Why does it say Build 748 in the thread Title? I’ve got Build 753 installed on my devices here…

Love it… seems much faster for Tidal and Qobuz

2 Likes

Same here on iPhone. On iPad it crashes when clicking Settings. 2 iPads. One latest IOS the other one 12.5.1.

6 Likes

I’m sure I’ll get used to it quickly. I quite like the new look

However I always still get the top and bottom with play actions not the full screens shown in all the marketing mails that were send . Also when changing orientation on ipad Pro there’s this strange flicker …
and unfortunatly still no widget for quick access

1 Like

Haven’t looked around much yet but everything installed and works correctly. No problems with any of the items other people seem to be having so far.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Crash on iPad and iPhone when scrolling fast through playlists

Love the new look, much better than before. Great update!

Anyway two things I noticed immediately which were better before:

• Discover is now under Home menu and you need to scroll way down to get there. This is one of the best functions in Roon and definitely deserves its place in the main navigation menu, not under Home.

• Waveform navigation bar while playing tracks is super small now, it was better before. Now it’s more difficult to see the waveform.

Everything else looks superb this far, thanks Roon.

18 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Settings not displaying properly or crashing on 1.8 [Ticket in - Workaround in thread]

Not seeing that here on iPhone 11/ios 14.4

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Settings not displaying properly or crashing on 1.8 [Ticket in - Workaround in thread]

Not at all happy. The album icons are far too big 6 wide instead off the old 13. Vertical scrolling is crap. Horizontal is far better when using a 16:9 screen. The general appearance is awful compared to the 1.7. I will be seriously considering not renewing my subscription in October.

Sorry guys but you’ve got this update all wrong

35 Likes

Hi guys, the only gripe I have now is that if I scroll down my albums on the Windows App, click on one and then return to my albums it scrolls all the way back up to the start of my albums and I have to scroll all the way down again… Don’t know if there is a setting to change but its frustrating.
Edit: I see this happens in my “Bookmarks” not on my “Albums” view.

12 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: UI Display Artifacts in 1.8 [Team Investigating]

Interestingly the new version appears to be less memory hungry than 1.7 which is a nice surprise. Also a lot snappier running on my NAS. Well done, Team!
PS: I’m sure I’ll get used to the new interface :wink:

3 Likes

Only just downloaded the update an hour ago but my first impressions are:

• New look and feel is clean a fresh. A nice improvement on an already great UI.

• The new Discover feature is awesome! It has already introduced me to some great albums I had previously missed.

6 Likes

Auto update on OSX didn’t work, didn’t work for the last 1.7 bug fix either though, may be because my core is on an M1. I had to manually download from the website and guess that it was the new version based on a different file size even though the site still had the “1.8 is coming banner up”

In the end core OSX update and remote OSX update and iOS/android went fine though and its all working perfectly. Discovered two new artists in about 10 minutes of listening already.

Loving the look, also changed the icons on my endpoints with the new custom ones!

Wow, there’s a lot to discover.

First impressions:

• Settings menu is incomplete in the desktop version (but Roon is aware of that already). I want to tweak some settings, but I guess I’ll have to wait until it’s fixed.
  • Much better perfomance on the iOS apps, although I already had a few crashed too.
  • Portrait mode on the iPad, yay!
  • It’s not possible anymore to show track numbers in the iPhone app? (That would be a bummer).
  • Great to see that it’s now possible to filter by bootlegs or live recordings. Lots of options for ‘focus’ in general. Have to play around with it a bit more :slight_smile:

I need some coffee now…

7 Likes

Same Issue here