Roon 1.8 (Build 748/756/763/764) Feedback

Works from iphone but not PC for me.

The white lower band looking like underwear under all the wasted black space around the album
 1.7 at least had a background from the album covers not this sad black.

2 Likes

It’s true it looks better in portrait/vertical mode

Something like this:

It still exists, but: the new prerequisite fore More Albums seems to be that the album has to be only by this one artist (group or individual). Previously, the selection was broader, like albums with this artist.

(Screenshot’s from an installation without streaming active.)

“Limiting Roon radio to library” is back

1 Like

My Live Radio is working now, so try again. I logged it in support so maybe someone saw it. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This is what we waited a year and 3 months for???

6 Likes

On my windows10 computer and when i select setting on my ipad (mini) ROON even crashes (every time).

What would really solve a lot of the GUI stuff would be a kodi addon: RoonConnect!

Anyone know anyone that knows anything about making a kodi addon. :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Playback controls keep disappearing

@Rugby - that looks bad, so it doesn’t scale across the screen, there’s some kind of width limit?? I’m running a 4k monitor (3840 x 2160) off my Mac Mini, I wonder how that will look

Seriously?

“New releases for you” - gone

1 Like

And why on earth I cannot no more tap on the bottom right of the bar showing playing now to display / hide playing now page. Now I must only tap on the bottom left where the display art is. Knowing that there are much more right handed people on earth this is annoying and a step back?

And before the playlist button was bigger and more easy touchable

Futhermore is mis the device (ASIO) “my computer”. (USB Bose Companion) It is gone

I’m surprised. It’s a while since I’ve been to a record store but I used to see alot of them. I have quite a few large box-sets as before streaming it was the most cost-effective way of building a library. Here’s a few, several of these are available on Qobuz. I don’t know about Tidal as I don’t have an accont.

I’m obviously still near the beginning of the process of acclimating to the v1.8 batch of UI changes. I’ve mentioned some things I’m having trouble with in separate replies, but some 100% welcome changes are:

• The adoption of vertical scrolling in some places which used to scroll horizontally!
    Even after years using Roon, those sideways-scroll areas continued to surprise and annoy me some nonzero amount.

• Making the Android app much more of a coequal user interface citizen!
    It’s nice now to be able to expect to find nearly any functionality (History is an example which comes to mind) which exists in the full-fledged desktop interface in the Android app as well.

Thanks, guys.

Great
 All looks to be working again for me too. Thanks for the heads up. :+1:

Philips Complete Mozart – 180

But I agree, not “extremely common”.

I know that box sets exist. Thanks?