Roon 1.8 (Build 748/756/763/764) Feedback

Then please report this as a bug in the Support category of the Forum, and give the details of your hardware and software setup to aid diagnosis. Thanks.

People were crying out for consistency across the experience. An important distinction.

3 Likes

I can’t get more than 10. On a 11” device.

No problems for me at all. The only thing I would like is the waveform was back to original size. Other than that, I’m happy as a pig in the smelly stuff.

2 Likes

Yes, sums it up well.

1, 2, 3, 4, 7,8 for me most important.
Thinking about which tags a track should have (and see it in an album view) was part of the fun using Roon, that is over now.
Retrieving tags -especially combined - was always a bit slow, it is a pity this seems still not addressed in this release.

And why is New releases showing up in the Album view under Recommended:
There is no relation between i.e. a new release from the Baseballs with an old album of the Sisters of Mercy which I was viewing.

1 Like

Fantastic did not no if it could get any better, it has
No problems with anything just a great app

Agree too. The purple is bad but just that. There is a mixture of other colours highlighting various things: blue, grey, red etc. It does not look so bad on a larger screen somehow but on the phone it does not create a very good visual effect particularly when these colours are just next to each other. It’s too garish for me - too distracting and the selection of colours seems to be very random. Do not get me wrong - I like the update in general, such colours may be good for some but as @hmack said above - a user customization would work best here.

1 Like

Yes, it was. But I mean it has become even slower.

Agreed. Loss of album icons and numbering in playlists are significant steps in the wrong direction.

1 Like

Disappointed that the app page has to constantly refresh.

Going back a page? Refresh.
Switching between apps? Refresh.

Makes for a bad experience.

3 Likes

Artists names are missing in the playlist (Windows only), even when marked to show up

@Greg_Hammond Do you not see this on your iPhone?

+1 I second the color customization of that electric purple.
+1 I second the performance hit and will add that playing from Tidal is very difficult as I constantly get an error message that the track is loading too slowly (if i play directly from Tidal, not through Roon, I have no problems)

It was similar in 1.7. The artist picture needs to be a minimum size to fill the screen the way your first picture shows, otherwise it’s shown small (in 1.7 it was a square, in 1.8 a circle, but otherwise it seems to be a similar issue.
This is from five years ago, but might be helpful:-

Michael

1 Like

Has anyone tried using the manual album identification view? there were a lot of complaints with the old one. How is this an improvement?

There is now a one track letter-box view on the album. It’s very difficult to get the scroll bar working on the left. In fact I couldn’t get it working which is why it is not visible in the screen shot. Then the idea is that you need to move the tracks up and down until they match. This was always difficult, one of the worse designed features of the 1.7 GUI. It just got worse. This is essentially unusable.

There are no good solutions here. There is another album giving a perfect match but it has no “part” information. So another solution is to manually edit the WORK/PART tags for 55 tracks, except you cannot if it is streaming content.

TBH, it is difficult to avoid the conclusion that beta testers were not chosen from a wide enough pool that used certain editing and navigation features on a regular basis otherwise how would things like this slip through?

4 Likes

I’d like the option to pick something else too. Something like this would be perfect:

Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 11.58.52

10 Likes

LOL :joy:. Good one!

Pixel density and screen size aren’t the same thing, it makes more sense to talk in resolution figures when examining display sizing discrepancies.

Same here :sleepy:

Hmmm… They haven’t ruined Shuffle completely. It works like before when shuffling genres:

Now let’s all together ask to bring back the same functionality for shuffling albums.

2 Likes