Roon 1.8 (Build 748/756/763/764) Feedback

When scrolling like this in ios, Roon crashes on me. I’ll have to use Search instead.

1 Like

Bottom Playbar ???

Bug in MS Windows 10
PLAY PLAYLIST–>PAUSE–>RE-PLAY–>Bottom Playbar ???
PS:Close Roon and Restart Roon Can fix it…

1 Like

Adding these two pages, a wide open Recent Activity, and a wide open New Releases, to the main menu under Browse would go a LONG way to ameliorating many issues with the Home Page, imo. It’s really all I need to see, and I think for many others. Both of these pages look pretty much how I envisaged 1.8 would be (color scheme is not an official one). Would be nice to have the artist hyperlinked under the album thumbnails. Unfortunately neither of these views are bookmark-able, so one always has to open via Home.

It’s great software and I know myself and many others have been tough, too much so, and I’ll apologize for that as I know it’s a lot of work and it must be tough to not have total validation for it. But it’s almost there, just some bugs first and then perhaps a bit of a rethink for 1.9/2.0 based on 1.8, and mobile devices vs desktops.

7 Likes

A track and/or album (user selectable?) like/heart button on the bottom play bar next to the title playing would be handy in collapsed library mode - I know it’s there in the Play Now view.

2 Likes

Maybe Roon is now similar to firms who used to routinely ship products with known issues and wants to fix them after the buyer takes delivery. Think of domestic auto manufacturers.

Whart company takes over if 1.8 isn’t repaired quickly and Roon offers people a credit?

When you see a major miss like this, a company has invited their competition to capture their customers.

1 Like

Reminds of the waiter at the restaurant who introduces himself by name before making unsolicited recommendations

2 Likes

Not sure if this was reported already but my Roon core dropped all endpoints except Apple products. My Apple TV and. HomePod were still visible.

Wasn’t a client problem because restarting the client didn’t bring other endpoints back. Restarted the core and everything then came back.

1 Like

I think this is a pretty good example of what desktop users are facing with this Home page: a 27" NEC monitor and I can see all of eight album covers before having to open something else. Just put main menu links to the already most used pre-opened pages. The Home page should be more go-to and dynamic than just an unnecessary crossroads.The hyperlinks under the library stat boxes just replicate the main menu categories. Again, too much repetition to do the same thing. Maybe just put the library stats next to or under the items on the side menu and reclaim that space

12 Likes

If 1.8 is so pro-vertical, why not turn monitor to vertical? :wink:

24"

1 Like

Yeah, that sucks hugely. I did have the same issue when I first installed the iOS/iPadOS apps, they were very unstable but since I closed all the apps down and did a forced restart of my iDevices I haven’t had a single crash in two days, still getting the blinding white screen flash when the app comes out of sleep though.

Have you tried a forced restart? I have an iPhone XS and iPad Pro 12.9 Gen4 and they have been rock solid since the restart. Mind you they have plenty of storage left on them. I find my iDevices over the years become more unstable the more I fill the storage up.

1 Like

That actually looks really nice, how did you change the fugly font?

1 Like

This is bad. I am losing all my Airplay and Chromecast devices everyday. Everyday, when I am ready to enjoy some music after work, these devices are gone. Have to go remote into Mac that is hidden way to restart Roon everyday to get them back.

They are hyperlinked @Charles_Peterson when I click on the artist I takes me to the artist page, apologies if that isn’t what you meant.

That font does look better!

1 Like

No, I meant on the grid overview pages of album thumbnails (Recent activity, New Releases, etc)

1 Like

It does - I did mine too. Just still incredibly far too large for its purpose.

Nice!

I take it you had to alter some Roon files to change the font? I don’t use a computer for control, so font isn’t something I can change.

The font Roon is using just feels more aggressive and harsh. Combined with the large size it just makes me cringe each time I see it. :persevere:

Roon, take note!!

4 Likes

I’m guessing they are just photoshopping their screen captures, no?

Thread in tinkering on customization.

Nope, that’s a screenshot of what I’m now using.

1 Like