Roon 1.8 (Build 748/756/763/764) Feedback

Here we go.

1 Like

I have 2 versions somehow. Using tidal btw. They have different tags but look the same to me other than that and one of them Iā€™ve hearted.

Did you find 2 versions of the album? Actually no need to reply, I appreciate your help. Just looks like thereā€™s 2 versions of it.

No itā€™s not.
(Actually I canā€™t see difference in your pictures).

I state that 1.8 is a great release and a huge quality increase.
The Roon server is installed on a Mac Mini on which UBUNTU 20.04 runs, I notice considerable instability when the Mac wakes up from sleep, difficulty in reconnecting to external services (QOBUZ in particular) also often fails to connect with the bridge running on PI4 , only solution to restart the roonserver service.
I hope I was helpful and these problems can be solved

Come on, you know better. Donā€™t put your baby to sleep :joy:

Iā€™ve no idea whatā€™s going on here! Iā€™ve only got tidal. Have a look at my screenshots theyā€™ve both got different tags. One Iā€™ve hearted and the other isnā€™t. I can flick between the 2 with the back and forward button.

What is this feature? Iā€™ve heard it mentioned several times now. Where is it please?

1 Like

But you can only have either with or without. Understand? Play with the :heart:

I uploaded the same ones by accident and then corrected it but maybe youā€™re still seeing them the same. Here there are again (first one hearted, second one not)ā€¦

Iā€™ve got both! maybe itā€™s not synced or something. Anyway, I donā€™t want to clog up this thread with whatever Iā€™m doing wrong/not understand. Cheers for your help.

Edit: I think itā€™s just because Iā€™m flicking between the 2 pages and theyā€™re showing different states.

Just click on classical from the ā€œGenresā€ or click on the disc button from an album. It will give you a lot of freedoms to explore composers, recording for a specific pieces, guidances for composers etc.

FYI the ā€œdiscā€ button is the same as when you explore an album and want to discover more version of a track.

Thatā€™s probably why you couldnā€™t see what you were looking for. I also know that the feature bug when you go back and forth and switch pages too much. Still couldnā€™t find a definitive pattern for it to happen.

Have some fun and edit in Tidal app and see what happens in Roon. Tip, canā€™t wait, go to settings and sync.

what of this is new with 1.8 in particular?

one from Tidal an one from Qobuzā€¦ you question is now in 3 different posts!!

Yeah I figured that out already. This album was hearted in roon, itā€™s just I didnā€™t realise it wouldnā€™t show the playing icon, bit of a quirk I guess as itā€™s still the same album and track. Not worth any more time! Cheers.

Bug on Mac: audio zones disappear

• macOS 10.15.7 on MacMini when switching off the DAC
  • coming back after a few hours my DAC is not available anymore

Roon application relaunch provides a temporary fix.

No, itā€™s just working as designed - as it is for the vast majority of users.

2 Likes

How do you know?