Roon 1.8 build 756 very slow and crashing

Hello,

since the Release 1.8 with the followig Update 756 Roon runs very slow on my Windows Notebooks and crashes sometimes. On my Android Devices it works fine. So the Problem is not on my Core (QNAP NAS 251+ with 8GB RAM).

With this Problems I can’t use Roon on Windows. This is very bad for me, because I prefer it with the high Resolution (1920*1200) on my two Notebooks.

The Notebooks are HP Elitebook 8740W with Intel I7 Core and 8GB RAM and with NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800M Graphics with the latest Driver from 2016. The Notebooks have SSDs and are running very fast with other Apps, except Roon. One Notebook has Windows 7 and the other Notebook has Windows 10 as Operating System. The same Problems appear on each Notebook (slow + Crash).

Please help!

Thank you

Greetings from Germany

Thomas

I’m experiencing the same thing since build 756. The startup of the application takes much longer, and the Windows client crashes all the time. In particular, when I select a particular artists, the client hangs on the “loading artist” screen and you have to hard stop it to recover.

Tagging @support for help with this.

I have not noticed a similar phenomenon on my Roon Windows installation

Hello,

ist it possible to get the old Version of the Roon Core Software for QNAP-Nas? So I can got back to the “old” 1.7 Roon-Version?

@Lonek and Jamie_Tudor: Can you please post your Hardware Configuation und Operating System. It seems no one can help us, so we have to help ourselves?

With Roon 1.8 I cannot use it anymore with my Windows-Computers, so Roon becomes nearly useless for me.

I’m very sad :frowning_face:

Greetings

Thomas

I fixed this for my issue. I noticed that my other clients (iOS, Android, another Windows box) weren’t behaving this way. I did a full uninstall / reboot / reinstall of Roon on my Windows client, and it’s working again now.

The server application is still taking much longer to startup, but I can live with that as long as the clients are reliable.

Now I also did a full Reinstalland and Reboot, but nothing happened. Roon is still slow. It takes about two seconds to see a Mouse over effect for example.

The Problem is there right at the start of the installation, where you can choose the language to agree the to Liscence.

Strange Behaviour! Maybe a Graphics Problem?

Greetings

Thomas

No ideas from anyone?

Greetings

Thomas

A post was split to a new topic: Windows remote running slowly

Apologies for the trouble here, @Thomas_Mahlmann!

Is there any change if you completely uninstall and then reinstall the GPU drivers for this device?

If the above doesn’t help, the next time Roon crashes please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link.

Thanks!

Hello Dylan,

Reinstallation of drivers take no effect. The Update to build 763 take no effekt.

You can find the logs of Roon Core und Roon Remote (Windows 10 System) here:

Roon Logs 24-02-2021

Greetings

Thomas

Hi @Thomas_Mahlmann — Apologies but that link doesn’t seem to be working for us. Can you try uploading them here instead? Thanks!

Upload is accomplished.

Greetings

Thomas

Hi @Thomas_Mahlmann

The next time that you experience a crash can you send over another set of logs, along with an Event Viewer log (see instructions below). This should give us a bit more insight into the specifics of what is happening here.

Thanks!

1. Press Win + R and type eventvwr.msc
  2. Press OK – this should open Event Viewer window
  3. From the left sidebar go to Windows Logs > Application
  4. Right click on the Application subsection and pick Filter Current Log... from the context menu
  5. On the Filter tab for the Logged section pick a parameter Last 30 days and press OK
  6. Right click on the Application subsection again and pick Save filtered log file as.. from the context menu
  7. Enter the log file name, for e.g. Roon_USERNAME , and press Save

Hi Dylan,

some Problems with Hardware on the Win10 Machine now. Because of Spareparts It takes some days to fix it. I think, I will send the Logs on Monday/Tuesday next week.

Sorry for the delay.

Greetings

Thomas

1 Like

Thanks, @Thomas_Mahlmann — We’ll keep an eye out for the logs when you send those over!

Hi Dylan,

Live is to short for Searching Windows-Problems. So, I decided to clone the System from the original HDD to the SSD I used before with Roon. The System is from May 2020. Roon never was installed on this System. I made alle Windows Updates, Bios Update inkl. Nividea Bios und an Update of the System Firmware.

After Installing Roon, I have the same Problems. I will upload the Log in a few minutes. The Crash was about 08:06 on the 04.03.2021.

On my Notebook is an App called NView, coming with the Drivers of the Nvidea Driver. Maybe there is a possibility to change something. I think Roon has a problem with the graphics.

I have also installed Roon on an Notebook from my work. It is a Dell Latitude E6530 with I5 and High Resolution 1900x1080 from 2012.

Roon works fine on this Notebook.

Greetings

Thomas

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.