Roon 1.8 (Build 806) Feedback

One more quick comment – it sure would be nice to be able to customize the Home page a bit. Ideally I’d love to rearrange or delete certain sections altogether. I’d say half or more of the sections are useless and wasted space to me (which means on my desktop, I have to scroll down just to get to anything useful). If that’s too difficult, how about just being able to collapse/expand the sections? That way I could collapse the ones I’m not interested and get to what I want much faster.

12 Likes

After update my ROCK (Intel NUC7) Roon Server Software won’t to start again. The OS is running, but the Roon Server is dead… What’s wrong? can you help me?
Regards
Urs

Great update, But I miss TIDAL “my daily discovery” !

2 Likes

Well my update was completed and caused problems. Qobuz wouldn’t play…it does sometimes now,and I couldn’t transfer music from a windows pc to the nucleus. Turned it all off and it let me add…but seriously it shouldn’t do that. I have no Daily Mix,it’s the same screen as before using an iPad Pro as the remote. Is there something you have to enable to get that feature?

1 Like

Right under the new rereleases for you. Provided you have a sub with Tidal or Qobuz.

Not all is well with the Daily Playlists, see Daily Playlists pulling tracks from linked non-streaming Qobuz account (which are displayed as part of the Playlist but are then skipped during playback)

100% this. With all these contentious “social” updates lately, a way to set up the homepage to our preference is becoming more and more desirable imho.

PS… My daily mixes are missing too.

1 Like

Tambien no me aparece los Mix y estoy actualizado y con Tidal

Thanks but it’s not there for met for me, and I do have a Qobuz subscription.

My daily mixes do not appear either. I have Qobuz, have tried resyncing with my account and have restarted rebooted my core and still no daily mixes.

Any fix to this?

Looks like lots of folks have this issue. Luckily, I do not have this issue with the new build.

Surely Roon will figure this out.

Was going to offer up my daily mixes, but a couple of today’s are actually very good :+1:
So now I want to keep them .
Sorry about that

I have Qobuz and see the daily mixes. For most part they don’t really compare to the depth of what Spotify daily mixes give you. And some are just 25 songs of almost same artist. Possible that roon community is too small of a sample size to give meaningful results for some of these artists or the program needs better tuning. I have hope things will improve and like that new features are being added but it’s more catch-up to what the streaming services already have but not as good.

1 Like

Qobuz still hasn’t worked out, after more than five years subscription, hundreds of purchases and thousands of streams, that I listen, almost entirely to classical music.

1 Like

The point of this feature seems to be to help those with streaming services to discover music that’s not already part of their libraries. That said, I have yet to actually experience this feature. Even after rebooting the Intel NUC on which I’m running Core, restarting Roon Bridge and the desktop app (on macOS) and logging out and back in to TIDAL, I still do not have daily mixes. :-\

Confirmed that I’m running Build 806 on Core, Bridge, and desktop. I guess I’ll head over to Support to see what I’m missing.

But how does an Andrew Bird daily mix with 5 from him and 20 songs from Beirut with music from albums I already have, achieve discovery? When I listen to Spotify, especially for the first week, there was nothing I wanted to skip and some songs I never heard before by bands I knew but fit perfectly. Now after a few weeks, it was playing some of the same songs again. I hoped that it would then chose other deep tracks and skip those.

Actually if I do a radio mix from Andrew Bird artist page, I do get much more variety. So these daily mixes are not just radio playlists.

For those of you not seeing Daily Mixes, check out the staff post at the link below and let’s continue the conversation over there! I’ll leave this thread open for general feedback about Build 806.

2 Likes

The shuffle controls are on the queue screen, it doesn’t feel very intuitive to have them there but that’s where they are.

I do see my daily mixes from Qobuz, but as a primarily classical listener, I’m seeing only parts of entire compositions, e.g., I have a Christian Tetzlaff Mix containing tracks like, “Piano Concerto No. 23 in A major, K. 488: Adagio”. So only the adagio and not the whole concerto.

The concept is a great one and has a lot of promise, but I’d like to see classical compositions treated as wholes rather than as individual parts.

6 Likes

Nope, it does not work consistently on the desktop version, and certainly this feature is not available on the iOS version.