Roon 1.8 (Build 831) Feedback

A post was split to a new topic: Playlists export in wrong order

A very good release. Thank you, Roon team!

Is there any reason why the opportunity wasn’t taken to recompile the Mac version as a universal binary so it would run natively on M1 Macs? Roon is now the only application I use that still uses Rosetta emulation.

2 Likes

Definitely! But that would come close to file operations which the Roon team has always been vocal about not wanting. They want the user to focus on the music, not the underlying files. But I’d be in favor of a clicable link, for sure!

1 Like

Agreed, if it’s not fixable in the way that we would like most, then add an option to not use the volume control on iOS. I think that will serve many users well.

And another feedback:

I still need to get used to the new version view and the grouping function.

But what I can say already: I’m desperately missing the possibility to remove albums from the library in the version view. Why was that function pulled? Now I need to go to an album again to delete it. Even more clicks on my 100.000 clicks journey to replace my entire Tidal library with Quobuz (even with the new export features).

Please, bring back the possibility to remove albums from the library in the version view.

5 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Qobuz albums disappearing from Roon library [Qobuz issue, see staff post]

The new Audeze presets don’t have the Audeze specific zone icons.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Sonos disappear very often from Roon

not fixed in this release is the bug which is breaking the “new releases for you” section on the home page …as described in this thread:

1 Like

It can not be fixed. Apple does not allow us to hide/disable this part of the controls.

3 Likes

i also don’t see the update on my pc or iphone, which i use a remotes. What am i doing wrong here?

For iPadOS and iOS, it depends on when the App Store makes them available in your country/region. I’ve just checked for updates and a new version of Roon remote is now available for iOS devices. I’m in the UK.

I’m very happy about the lock screen controls on iOS! Thanks for this update.
I do have one question: Even when I set volume limits on my iPad Pro (iPad OS 14.8) to 50 for comfort and to 60 for max, I am able to override them with the physical volume buttons on my iPad. On the touchscreen controls within Roon the volume limit is correct and cannot be overridden. See screenshot

Is this behaviour intended?

YES. Why would the ability to delete a duplicate be removed from the Versions view? I have a ton of duplicates and now deleting them became more tedious. It used to be two clicks to delete a duplicate, now it is five or six with a scroll in the midst to get to the “Delete Album” button. Not to mention the click back to get to the original.

I have been relying on this feature and now it is completely gone. @danny why…???

1 Like

Yes, we can not prevent your iPad from doing what it wants to do. The feature is meant to be used with devices from which control is primarily via Roon, or at least where the slider in Roon could be “dangerous”.

1 Like

I cant seem to see the option for lock screen enable in the Setup screen on my iphone OS or MacOS. Seem to missing for me…Anything i missed?

Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks,
Randy

Same issue here, i don’t see the lock screen enable under setup on my iphone remote Setup screen…

I am having the same issue, everything updated but not seeing the Enable lock screen

It should be in Settings==>Setup, between ‘Theme’ and ‘Enable Roon Radio notifications’.

If it isn’t there, then your iOS Remote probably hasn’t been updated.

1 Like