Roon 1.8 (Build 831) Feedback

Yes, disappointed also that this is not solved.

I assume this is a beta version of 831?
If not, then why is it released when it has fundamental issues.
As always.

THE current loss of Sonos zones is a real PITA and is worsening by the hour.

Last time we had the android remote freezing issue it took 4 months to resolve.
History stems my enthusiasm here.

End of feedback.

1 Like

Not sure where the delete from library option is here. Going into edit and going all the way down to Delete is tedious.

In fact I am now missing Delete from Library option completely. I thought the Add to library used to be replaced with Delete option for albums in library. Isn’t that right?

I’m not so sure that this is easier than the ability to determine (while looking at all the information for all the versions) which are superfluous and just clicking to delete them. Having to drill down into the album details and then Edit > Delete is inconvenient.

How about just for once admitting that a change is not in the users’ best interest and putting it back. The decision here doesn’t seem to be justified by anything more than “We thought it should work this way”. @dylan your explanation really doesn’t make sense. Some actions should be specific to the task (like reviewing and removing duplicates) not just moved because there are other similar actions in other locations. How is “Remove From Group” not just another decision like “Delete From Library”? Roon’s method for determining duplicates is so accurate that 99% of the time when clicking that submenu I am wanting to delete, not remove. What’s the purpose of identifying a duplicate if not to delete them???

5 Likes

I love the new versions tab, and the search seems to be working better on my end. Thanks!

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: 831 Roon no longer sees KEF LS50 Wireless

So here I regularly add an Album in different formats - say one version in 24/96 and another in MQA 96. This show as Duplicates, but I want them side-by-side in the Albums available for that Artist - is this still possible to “Remove from Duplicates”?

Also, I add an Album fromTidal, and then add a version to my local Library, will the Tidal version still be hidden?

AWSOME RELEASE!!!

So happy with these new features, especially control on locked screen and hardware buttons with iOS.

Thank you!!!

1 Like

Not pleased with this update. Twice I have had to wipe my nucleus’ database and uninstall/re-install roon on my win 10 pc because the new release fails to find tidal. Fails to properly login to tidal. All I changed was to install the update. what a time sink!!!

I also want to point out that there is still some ambiguity in the UX for the selection > edit > delete album process (see linked video - which album is being deleted?) and I’ll use that to advocate that the ability to delete a duplicate when the focus is on an album as a duplicate is a more natural experience.

4 Likes

The latest Remote update causes my phone to crash. The previous one worked very well. Android 10 on LGV40 is not a remote but a brick. Uninstalling and reinstalling remote did not help. All updates are done. It just lags and creates a brick of a phone.

If you have problems with Roon remote freezing on Android, do not use the Enable Lock Screen controls option in Settings/ Setup. On lg v40 Adroid 10 it helps.

Could not have phrased it better.
UX guided by the job to be done dwarfs structural formalism.

3 Likes

This is unusual and you are doing a lot of work that makes zero impact. For example, if your core is the Nucleus and the win10 box is a remotes the win10 has zero impact on anything related to tidal. It’s just a graphical display into that Nucleus.

I suggest when it happens again, post in #support:nucleus-support and someone in support can take a look.

1 Like

Scrolling seems to be somewhat smoother than before but still jittery on an M1 iPad. @danny, can you comment on what’s going on and the potential for improvement? Is jittery scrolling a limitation of the way Roon works with iPadOS? Is it a matter of network speed?

1 Like

Versions could be really useful if there was a little room somewhere to squeeze in the ‘Label’ name… when searching for the “real” version of say ‘Dave Brubeck At Carnegie Hall’ among all the dodgy ‘out of copyright’ third party reissues to be able to see the label would be amazingly helpful.

For example in the screenshot below, apart from the obvious non-standard cover arts (great clue!) there are several that look ok - but only one of them is mastered and issued by the original label Columbia and titled ‘Legacy’ - after trying them all this original re-release is by far the nicer master, really good - some of the others are disastrous!

So hey, could this be squeezed in somewhere? I’ve asked several times and this release would have been an ideal opportunity to make digital library collectors like me really happy! :pray::blush:

13 Likes

ok, I figured out how to get the lock screen function going on the iphone. but, it doesn’t control the Kef LS50W system, it just wants to control things linked by Air Play? I don’t think I use air play for anything. I’m feeling pretty dense here, and I can’t say I really understand how Roon works, but is there a way to control the kef and the node 2i using the lock screen? Thanks for the help, people.

Yep having the same issue with my pixel 5 heating up and lagging! Had to turn off the new remote feature :frowning:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: 1.8 Build 831 mutes my iPad when using Fixed Volume [Ticket In]

Sorry if this is a dumb question - where in the app would I find the new export functionality?