Roon 1.8 (Build 831) Feedback

I just noticed with Lock Screen Controls enabled on my iPad, Roon now persists in the background so that when switching to another app then back to Roon, Roon comes right up without having to reconnect. :grinning::+1:

11 Likes

This is brilliant
Very impatient to see the lock screen
Hope unexpected volume changes will not be an issue

All nice but still no support for iPad magic keaybord (scrolling) and do I guess no option to crate playlist from Roon that would show Up in TIDAL.

1 Like

It is working with my Watch, WOUHOUHOUHOUH!!

But you canā€™t access to the queue, maybe next release?

I have a bug also not sure Iā€™m the only one. I need to press Next at the end of a song it doesnā€™t go to the next one automatically

8 Likes

The download server must have truly went AWOL? I have never seen such a slow DL speed on my ROCKā€¦ After 35 minutes I restarted the server, as it seems to be at high risk of being corruptedā€¦

Internet access confirmed @100mbps both up and down and a response time of ca 10msā€¦

We recommend setting volume limits for any audio devices you donā€™t want to get too loud ā€“ the lock screen controls will respect the limits you set.

5 Likes

Also if you are done and want no accidental issues at a later time suggest you kill the Roon app then itā€™s no longer active when needing to make other volume related on the phone/ipad or even watch :sweat_smile:

Read the release notes on how to achieve playlist to Tidal, you need soundiiz sub but they have made it easier to achieve and you get a discount with Roon code.

I noticed this too and thought it was ā€œglitchā€ :rofl:

Edit Nah, never mind. Itā€™s back to normal now :sweat_smile:

Thanks
Do I have to limit the global volume of the device which can be inconvenient if I sometimes use it louder than the wanted limit or because the volume cursor in Roon will be too much at the right?

Or will the lock screen volume respect the comfort limit in Roon as well which can be very convenient in my case?

Itā€™s the same as before. No changes.

1 Like

New improvements include: a new ā€œDate Modifiedā€ sort feature for your playlists

While this is great, I wish you could actually do this inside a playlist on a mobile phone. Iā€™m rather disappointed that you still canā€™t do any sorting at all inside a playlist on a phone.

3 Likes

A big thank you to ROON and all the hard work put in by the team.
The latest build has rectified a problem I had with displaying artist pictures, bio etc from the playing screen.

Well done and thank you
Gareth :grinning:

I agree with that! I miss this possibility since the first day.

I had no idea there was an update until I read this thread.
Everything updated easily once told to.

1 Like

Nice update, thank you Roon team!

1 Like

I think ā€˜the much-requested gesture support for navigationā€™ was for iPad OS rather than iOS, so on this count, this update is disappointing. When will keyboards and trackpads (I.e. Magic Keyboard) be supported on Roon with iPadOS?

1 Like

Yup, exactly.

If you set a comfort limit, you can still open the Roon app and use :heavy_plus_sign: or :heavy_minus_sign: buttons to adjust the volume above your comfort limit.

But your lock screen controls will respect the comfort limit ā€“ when the volume slide on your deviceā€™s lock screen is at 100%, youā€™ll be right at your comfort limit.

More on volume limits here.

6 Likes

Thanks for the update folks. Please can you allow for endpoint control from the iPhone Lock Screen as this would be a game changer. :+1:

Love the iOS update. Fantastic to be able to use hardware volume controls within the app and the lock screen controls work well, too. Thank you!

2 Likes