Roon 1.8 (Build 846) not working in Qnap870pro running 4.3.6.1750

Roon Core Machine

Roon is installed in an ssd external drive connected with USB to a QNAP 870Pro (firmware 4.3.6.1750 Build 20210730) , Memory installed 16GB, CPU i3-3220

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Draytek Vigor Router 2860, 24port unmanaged switch everything connected with ethernet cat6

Connected Audio Devices

Meridian 218, Meridian ID40, Apple TV, Oppo all connected with Ethernet cables

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Roon Server Stopped after the update to Roon 1.8 (Build 846). First the iOS app was updated in the ipadpro and then the Roon Core. But the status of the Roon server is stopped.

Rebooted the qnap but the server cannot start. Is the latest build compatible only with new firmware 4.4.1 on latest Qnap models? Any ideas will be appreciated.

You need the newer package of Roon for QNAP…
One moment, i will find the link…

Alright, there are some software thats necessary, included in @crieke package. It can be downloaded for x86 QNAPs here.
Install manually, since QNAP does not update our older versions of the QNAP firmware.

3 Likes

Mikael thank you very much for your help. I did install the proposed qpkg version to my Qnap870pro and everything returned to normal. I am a happy man!!!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.