Roon 1.8 (Build 880) Feedback Thread

I just noticed that for the artist U-God from Wu-Tang, the picture is actually Capadona. I don’t know if this specific to the update or before.

Yes! I think you are helping me make my point. Should there be a limit on the OS and H/W supported? Or are there tweaks to an OS that will make it more stable without the need of limiting platforms.

I’d personally limit platforms. Trying to determine how to support a broad range of OS’s with multiple versions along with H/W variables, is unforgiving work. Think about what Microsoft has to go through when updating OS’s. We all know what that’s been like for a decade. A company the size of Roon can’t be expected to do that much research and solutioning.

If you think about ROCK or Nucleus they have a very stripped down OS, optimized to do one thing, host Roon. I’ve been looking and I haven’t seen a Nucleus or ROCK on NUC user post that they had upgrade issues. I admit I may have missed a few postings, but if they are there, there’s very few.

Yes, there are. Even with database corruption. This particular database corruption issue seems to occur on any hardware and OS configuration—only that there may be more robust or corruption-resistant configurations than others.

1 Like

Count me as another user affected after the update.

• Qobuz streaming issues. Failure to load track 90% of the time.
  • Missing all album images
  • Missing icons for Chromecast zones

I use Qobuz for 99% of my content, so the streaming issues are frustrating. I’ve restarted and cleared image cache multiple times. Not sure if there is a known fix for this. I haven’t been able to read through all the previous comments yet in this thread!

upd
After updating stream box s2 ultra to 1.071 nither native DSD, nor DoP works correctly so every scenario just converts to PCM 352 kHz

Aye…same here. Update has corrupted the database and all backups restore with the same screenshot as the OP. Very disappointed.

1 Like

Agree. Faster and more responsive.

3 Likes

yeah, now they do it
:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Live radio stream has become intermittent after upgrade.

+1 (I agree it should be moved)

Well, I can see the reasoning behind it - raising awareness of the new Art Director feature. And it has probably worked.

Just wondering if we yet have any official Roon “damage control” information.

It does appear a weakness was found in older .net application like win7 and some win10 but not sure that accounts for everything I am reading.
It’s Friday afternoon here in the USA.
Would be nice to get some statement.

1 Like

We won’t head into the weekend without providing an update, hang tight.

6 Likes

Its very interesting that some users are having issues, and others are not.
Although I appreciate others are very frustrated, what explains this?

Differences in network, (endpoint/server) hardware, music library size?
I run my Rock on a Nuc, I mostly stream, but have a library of 27k tracks, and the upgrade worked fine.

I’m just curious, are you looking in ‘Qobuz’, ‘My Qobuz’ for your favourites to appear in Roon? Hearting in Qobuz, works perfectly for me - Showing up in Roon.

I don’t believe there is any need to resort to that type of dictum tbh.
Unless you think it was intentional on Roon part, you can bet they are more upset over the outcome so far than anyone.

7 Likes

100%, I was shocked not to see any electronic playlists.
Not a biggie for me, as I curate myself, but you can see the demographics being targeted. I listen to 80% electronic, 10% Jazz, 5% Rock/Metal, 5% Folk.

If these playlist aren’t focused for all users, I would like the ability to disable the tiles.

3 Likes

Paolo, have you tried restarting your Roon Core? Missing albums after the update has been experienced by several of us, and could be easily remedied by a Roon server restart.

1 Like

Just curious are you running Rock on NUC or Nucleus hardware? Or other?

I am running a Nucleus+ Rev B

Sadly I have to agree. I’ve found it to be this way for a long time.