Roon 1.8 (build 884) crashing (every time) during a search for a song or artist in the database

Roon Core Machine

|System Version:|macOS 10.13.6 (17G14042)|
| Kernel Version:|Darwin 17.7.0|
| Model Name:|iMac|
| Model Identifier:|iMac12,2|
| Processor Name:|Intel Core i7|
| Processor Speed:|3,4 GHz|
| Number of Processors:|1|
| Total Number of Cores:|4|
| L2 Cache (per Core):|256 KB|
| L3 Cache:|8 MB|
| Memory:|16 GB|
| Boot ROM Version:|87.0.0.0.0|
| SMC Version (system):|1.72f2|

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Metrum Accoustics Ambre connected though wired network

Number of Tracks in Library

30770 tracks

Description of Issue

Happy new year !

I performed a clean installation of Roon 1.8(884). After the database was created, Roon crashes every time I perform a search from the Mac OS application or the iPhone app. I am attaching the logs for your investigation using a WeTransfer link. ( WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free )

Looking forward for your input since the product is not usable with out the search functionality !

Thank you,

Konstantinos

Hi @Konstantinos_Zagalik,

We’re sorry to hear that you were having issues after the update and apologize for the delay in getting back to you.

Since there’s been a delay in responding to your your issue, can you please update us on your current status? Are you still experiencing crashing on your Mac devices?

We’ll be watching for your reply and get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks!

Hi Jamie,

Since ther was no reply I had to debug it myself…

After a painfull process, I have managed to isolate the folder causing the crash and remove it from roon.

Evrything is back to normal now.

However I would suggest that you check the log files and investigate the root cause in order to identify the issue and fix it for the future releases.

Thanks
Konstantinos

Hey @Konstantinos_Zagalik,

Will do, I’m glad to hear that things are working for you now! Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any other questions or issues. Happy listening :headphones:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.