Roon 1.8 Build 898

Music often jumps like a broken record since the update. Some songs cant even finish and it jumpsto the next, this is ridiculous.

What the heck do you do?

I am really annoyed because everything had been fine for weeks prior to this!

You create a support ticket in the support forum.

He did 
 currently waiting for Roon’s support team to reply.

Build 898 has restored the speed at which my albums and artists artwork is loaded. Thanks for this!

Unfortunately, it has not resolved my longstanding issue of intermittent missing metadata from the ‘Now Playing’ screen.

1 Like

Qobuz working just fine here, Dimitri. Everything in Setup > Services looking good? Maybe try logging off from the Qobuz and Tidal services and logging in again?

Beat me to it, @AceRimmer :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Same here.

1 Like

Hi @hmack & @SKBubba,

Thank you for mentioning this, I’d be happy to clarify. What you’re describing is likely normal behavior. Metadata elements on the Now Playing screen will be different, track to track, depending on the level of metadata that is available for the specific album or track that you’re listening to.

For example, Why I Sing the Blues by B.B. King from the new Summer of Soul Soundtrack is accompanied by a full range of metadata as seen in the screenshot below

The previous track on the collection Uptown by The Chambers Brothers offers a different level of metadata, because of that some of the icons are missing compared to the B.B. King screenshot. I used a red frame here because the green was hard to see against the white background.

The B.B selection was accompanied by lyrics and track credits
The Chambers Brothers selection doesn’t have lyrics or track credits, therefore the icons aren’t present. That’s normal behavior.

I hope this helps to explain what you’re seeing. :+1:

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Updated to B898 - Now the DB is reported as corrupt

Hi Jamie, and thanks for your post. I am not sure if your explanation fits with the issues that @SKBubba is experiencing, but it doesn’t cover my issues. I have just been using Roon Radio, and the following 7 screenshots (of 7 consecutive tracks selected for me by Roon Radio in the middle of a lengthy Roon Radio session) illustrate my issue:

Tracks 1, 2, 4, 6 & 7 in this sequence retrieve and display all metadatada as I would expect. However, tracks 3 & 5 retrieve and display next to no metadata. These 2 tracks were “Shuckin’ Sugar” by Peter Keane and “Wide open spaces” by The Groobees.

I have not been able to detect any pattern in respect of when and how often metadata is missing. The type of metadata missing varies. Sometimes it is the artist photo, sometimes album cover, sometimes artist and album details, sometimes all or a combination of these.

Edit: I should add that the above screenshots were obtained from the Windows 10 PC I use most of the time as my Roon control. However, the same issue occurs when I use my iPad Air as my Roon control.

1 Like

Unfortunately one more problem to iPad Roon app that started (I think) with newest update. In album or artist list if I select scroll bar and use it to go to the end of list and then up again Roon app crashes. Just tried it 10 times and crashed every time.

It’s faster at loading but should it have this big gap. Scrolled to bottom of all my albums and then go up and you get this glitch with a big black spacd

@support @brian one to make note of sure it’s not expected.

Gets worse the more I scroll back up.

Same bug here.

It’s been a lot of two steps forward, one step back with these updates as of late. The iOS controllers continue to be a bundle of issues of one sort or another. Since the last update the notorious bug that hijacks the iOS system volume and sets it to 100% is back. That’s one I absolutely cannot live with. I just have to decide if I want to go through the usual multiple weeks long troubleshooting hassle with support to figure it out.

I see similar issues on iPhone Roon app (B898). No need to scroll all the way down even. If you pick scrollbar and moves arround rapidly and stop scrolling it crashes after a few attempts.

1 Like

No crash on my side and no blank space. I am on iPhone 8.

Tried it also.
The first time app crashed.
When I wanted to reproduce it, the app never crashed again. No matter how hard I tried, several times. iPhone SE 2nd gen, latest iOS Version.

Leaving a filter active on the albums page for one artist navigating away then returning to albums page makes it hang completely for me which is very odd behaviour. This new version has some odd UI bugs that need looking at. I out in a ticket for this bug.

Upgrade done 3 days ago and navigation on iPad is now as smooth as it was before December. :+1:

1 Like

& while the blurred image & slideshow backgrounds are still there in the now playing screens/tabs of 1.8.898, apart from the album cover screen the backgrounds have been substantially darkened. There’s now enough contrast to read metadata again, including links. Thanks!

After having lived with the update for about a week, I have to say that the library functions are very erratic. Sometimes albums I have in my library show up, and sometimes they don’t. Hoping they get this fixed soon.

Some specific examples will help Roon support to try and reproduce this issue. Do you have any (with screenshots)?