Roon 1.8 (Build 903) Feedback Thread

• Fixed random stoppage of certain BBC stations

Seems that now also the Naim Classical station flac stream doesn’t stop randomly anymore.

Thanks.

Just have a look at the bug page ti know more. And beware to update your QNAP then if you are lucky to have it working with your QTS version.

it updated this am along with the other end points… I will keep my fingers and toes crossed!

I’ve never had a problem with Nucleus, since this morning after updating to 903, Roon either won’t connect to Qobuz, or, when it does manage to play one track, it crashes on the next.

Immediately after the update my Mac mini (2011) which is also my Roon core ceased to recogniz it’s own audio outputs (in Roon, it does recognize them in the MacOS) and as a result the miniDSP 2x4HD that I normally stream to from the Mac is also not available for enabling under the Audio menu of Roon. I have 5 other Roon endpoints that are not local and all of those are recognized.

1 Like

Seems to work great for me. I don’t see a difference on scrolling, but the old scrolling never bothered me much. No issues with ROCK, remotes or zones (mix of Ropieee’en and Sonos) after a morning playing local and streamed music.

Yes, im having random crashes on windows 11, i just created a thread for it

Exception Source: mscorlib
Exception Type: System.ArithmeticException
Exception Target Site: Math.Sign
Exception Message: Function does not accept floating point Not-a-Number values.
Exception Data: none

–[ Stack Trace ]------------
System.Math.Sign(Double value)
mscorlib.dll, IL 57, N 14200982
Broo.Engine.Flickable2.ProcessFrameSmoothScrolling(Double dt, Double p0)
BrooEngine.DLL, IL 0, N 442
Broo.Engine.Flickable2.AnimationLoop(Double frameTimestamp)
BrooEngine.DLL, IL 250, N 648
Broo.Engine.DeviceTarget.GuiMainLoop()
BrooEngine.DLL, IL 221, N 776
Sooloos.Application.Main(String[] argv)
Roon.exe, IL 1951, N 4520

2 Likes

All my zones are still up after updating core on ROCK.
Only updated 1 android remote so far - does what it should.
Might take a stroll over to the “failure threads” later for some window shopping…

Hey, i just noted i am having the same random crash on windows 11, with the same error log as you.

On iPhone 13, just updated and tested scrolling for all albums. Scrolled wonderfully until it crashed. :unamused:

Tried again and crashed so a repeatable bug.

kind of nervous to even run roon today. I don’t think I want it to update!
:grimacing:

EDIT: OK, looks like I can live without relaunching things for now… Now, my core machine restarts every day, I wonder if the core will auto update at that point.

I don’t know if it’s due to Build903, but I can’t connect to the USB DAC.
At AUDIRVANA, it is recognized and played. Please tell me how to improve it.

A little positive feedback:

Updated Roon Core (Windows 10) and several Roon Remotes (two Windows laptops, iPhone, iPad and Fire HD 10 tablet) with ZERO issues. Please keep those updates coming.

2 Likes

Do you have it set to do so? I have all mine set to “Ask before downloading updates”.

I have a similar issue on windows 10 since the update before this one.
Has the 903 build fixed this as not tried since it’s release?

Agreed Ralph.
Updated core on Antipodes Edge and remotes on Android phone, tablet , iPad mini4 and win10 laptop.
I don’t see any issues so far…
But to be fair I didn’t have any to start with so…

1 Like

Scrolling on my iPad 9th gen is massively improved. Nice!
All my endpoints visible, core on MacMini M1.

I have mine set to install bugfix and minor updates… is this considered “minor”?

So, it’s downloaded, but waiting for relaunch. I wonder if I change it to “ask” if it’ll just hold off with my new preference.

Do your family and friends agree that you have no issues? :grin: :+1: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Friends?
What are they then :thinking:

2 Likes