Roon 1.8 (Build 903) Feedback Thread

Same problem here. My 2 locally connected Usb Dac are no more visible. Yesterday, before updating to Build903 everything worked fine.

1 Like

After the update my Mytek 192 stereo USB DAC connected via a Mac Mini is not recognized by Roonlabs…
It seems more people have this problem. Can this be fixed asap?

I think the preference has to be set Before a new update.

Yep, same issue…

My 2015 iMac no longer shows any audio devices connected locally to it. All other zones working fine. I restarted iMac and Roon a couple times. No luck.

2 Likes

Yup having the same problem!

same here… on mac mini

Same here… mac mini.

Same problem for me, but with iMac (late 2013 model) running 10.13.6 macOS (most recent it will take).

yep, well, we’ll see what happens. I haven’t clicked to relaunch, in any case.

I only have Roon Remote on Windows 11, and this is the worst release that I’ve had since I started the Roon journey more than 2 years ago. It crashes in a few minutes when I view lyrics while streaming, and it happens every time consistently. I am wondering what the beta testers and Roon QA were doing with this build? It is one of the most obvious bugs.

1 Like

yes, i have recently installed it on W11 and its crashed 3 times in the last 2 hours.

1 Like

QA need to take a look @ the Roon Remote on Windows 11. I think this is a showstopper bug.

Add me to the list of Mac Mini server that no longer finds any devices.

1 Like

Yes, I’m on a MacOS/iOS ecosystem here and immediately upon updating I noticed that the client crashing behavior has returned. I hadn’t had the app crash in several weeks, perhaps since the previous big-ish release (around xmas?). Woke up this am to find the app had crashed in the night, a common occurrence prior to a few weeks ago when an update seemed to stop it. FYI.

@John_Jones @Johan_Ellersten @Thomas_Spanyol @PRE @Angelo_Rasmijn and more…

Please keep an eye on this thread as Roon are aware of these Mac issues and working on it .
Hang tight please and thank your for your patience!

Roon stopped seeing Audio Zones/DAC after update to build 903 - Support - Roon Labs Community

6 Likes

Another smooth update here. Android and Chromebook remotes, Linux core.

Mac Mini i5 Late 2014 Monterey 12.1 no issues so far…

3 Likes

Roon remote Crashed 2x on windows 11 within an our.
Rock seems ok though.
Just restart the roon app and it plays from where it crashed…