Roon 1.8 (Build 903) Feedback Thread

On my iPad Pro (2017) scrolling is SO MUCH BETTER now that I’m retroactively annoyed at how bad it was before, even though I never really had a problem with it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Roon on iPhone 12 Pro Max crashes within few seconds. Core is Intel NUC.

Roon Core (MacMini OS 10.15.7)

The update Roon 903 does not crash but did exhibit some very strange behaviour following the update.

After updating, Roon took a long time launching then appeared to rebuild the database. I have approximately 32k tracks stored locally on an attached USB drive, after reading these it proceeded to add my Tidal favourites – about 9.5k tracks.

What happened next was truly weird. The Artist, Album, Track and Composers count all began to decrease. As track count went from 40,939 to 2,000 I quit Roon.

I rebooted the Mini. On launch Roon again did a database rebuild, and it’s mostly OK. However the Recent Activity display is wrong, Played is correct but Added is not, it places 5 old albums at the top. In addition the time listened is not correct, losing about 7 hours per week for the previous 3 weeks.

So far it’s stable and playing to multiple zones just some real weirdness.

My Roon Remote on my Apple iPad is now often freezing/crashing … OR often not able to hold the connection to my Roon Core (Windows 10 on my PC). Music keeps playing when it freezes/crashes. Roon Core is running version 1.8 build 903 (64 bit). Any ideas ? … this has not occurred before. I have not changed anything in my setup.

904 now 0 hours. And recently added is completely screwy.

1 Like

I’ve noticed the " 0m for hours listened" every night going back a long time. Not new to this update. It seems to happen when the process thinks it midnight and a new day is added. It’s not midnight here but I guess it is somewhere. Restarting the remote comes back with the correct hours and a new day listed.

2 Likes

Hi Mike;

Restarted both Core and Remote and no change. 0 hours listed for the past 3 weeks.

1 Like

Roon updated twice just now and I am no longer able to play anything through my Devialet 200. I constantly get this message “Roon lost control of the Audio device because it was turned off.” Renders this investment in hardware and software useless for the time being! Please help!

Update, multiple restarts to ROCK finally cleared the issue. Stress level going down now!

I am sorry to say, 903 is broken. Just sits there and doesn’t play any music. CPU of server is at 30%.

1 Like

Well, that is different, not what I’ve seen happening here. Sorry it didn’t help.

Are you on an older Mac?
If so there is a further build904 that should help

903… totals still working here. Rock on Nuc.

Rock - Nuc. No issues here. Probably an older mac?

I think there’s something in standardising servers to Roon Rock Nucs.
Too many combinations, to get right.

No problems to report, just one more data point… Updated to 903 (+904 on a macOS remote) a few hours ago, and experienced no problems whatsoever. My various endpoints & DACs were all still available, and I streamed an album from TIDAL afterwards without issue. Recently added, recently played, and recent listening info were all intact.

System: Nucleus (Rev B) with a USB DAC directly connected, two microRendu endpoints with their respective USB DACs, plus five Sonos zones connected via Wi-Fi streaming (vs. SonosNet).

Remotes: MacBook Pro (macOS 11.6.3), plus an iPhone XR and an iPad Air 2 (iOS 15.2.1).

Admittedly, I waited about 24 hours to update my system after reading some of the initial reports early-on. :sunglasses:

This is 904. Mac is running 10.15.7, not the 10.13 that’s been problematic. 903 and 904 have been weird, no crashes just weird.

I cloned my drive just before the update, I may revert tomorrow and see if that improves things.

I guess I’m gonna wait to update since I’m on an old macOS :eyes:

Seem to be having the occasional crashes on Windows 11. Scrolling seems a bit messed up an nowhere near as smooth as the past version, it seems to jitter up and down erratically rather than being smooth.

With Build 903 my Nucleus doesn’t work anymore and I can’t see the Build 904

Talked too soon.
Some help?