Roon 1.8 (Build 931) - Feedback

1 Like

Spoke too soon - the crashes are back.

same under Linux and other systems

Everything ok here, thanks for resolving ā€žan issue in which certain playback operations would take an unreasonable amount of time to startā€œ

Donā€™t have any Roon issues. Iā€™ve been (almost) exclusively playing vinyl for several weeks. :wink:

4 Likes

Roon can no longer find our only Sonos device, which has always lost the connection recently, for Sonos streaming. I can control it with Roon via Airplay, but there are also many hangs/ dropouts and crashes. Roon and Sonos, for me problem-free for months, is now a gamble.

When i put my Phone to charge from my Mac by lightning, I suddenly see my iPhone in Roon audio devices.
If you disconnect from the connector, it will play but the device disappears. You can listen until you turn off Roon App.

I also had the same problem on a Mac mini M1. I installed the latest beta for 12.4 and I no longer have problems with Roon crashing. Perhaps itā€™s a macOS issue specific to M1 machines?

Thatā€™s good to know. Iā€™m not going to install the beta, but I will look forward to the official release of 12.4. Thanks for the heads up.

2 Likes

There is a better image on Discogs you can use instead. It is only 500x500 but not heavily pixelated like the 1419x1414 image roon is using. You will probably want to remove the black borders as well. The pixelated image I seen on many sites, not just roon. They are probably all using the same album art library.

Build 931 crashes on my Ipad Air 2020 (as remote) two hours ago. No chance to get working the iPad again. Black screen with rotating Flower in the middle. All standard methods to reset the iPad fail. It seems I have to wait till the battery is empty and hope the iPad is not bricked.

Edit: after battery was empty, iPad works fine again. Roon App too. I hope that will not happen again.

My Library seems gone on QNAP?! Forcing a rescan somehow doesnā€™t trigger anything. Any ideas?

I have successfully upgraded to 931, but Iā€™m still awaiting a fix for the library update hanging when I add a few new albums from Tidal or Qobuz. Itā€™ll work after adding a couple in a row, then the next one will hang with the library update circling endlessly (saying zero out of whatever number added with no progress).

The only recourse I have to resolve this when it occurs is to stop the Roon Server process on my desktop (a 2021 iMac M1 24ā€ with 16GB RAM), and restart it. When I do so the album that caused the hang will appear in my library, so I have no clue what is going on.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

1 Like

Another observation about the ā€œNoā€ audio device
Observed only when connecting remotely through NAT (iPsec & etc.)
When connected locally (on the same network) everything is fine

check that the ip address of your qnap hasnā€™t changed

Remote connections via VPN etc are not supportedā€¦you are on your own Iā€™m aftraidā€¦check out the #tinkering area

New user here with Nucleus, 2Tb internal drive. Accessing music from internal drive, NAS, Qobuz. Everything was fine until build 931, now album art doesnā€™t reliably load on remotes, whether Ipad, phone, Mac or Windows computer running Roon remote. Clearing image cache fixes it for a short while then it returns. Rebooting Nucleus, stopping and starting server, etcā€¦none fix it. Happens on albums, Qobuz, playlists,ā€¦everything. Must be latest build broke it. Anyone else seeing this?

Are all you clients updated to the latest 931 build too?

Maybe you should open a ticket in the #support area and wait for support to chime in.

1 Like

It hasnā€™t changed (NAS has a fixed IP).
And all clients are rubbing the latest version too.
Any other idea?

I can confirm this since itā€™s happening to me as well. Roon client was working fine on Windows 10 before but since build 931, Iā€™ve had multiple crashes.

1 Like