Roon 1.8 (Build 943) Feedback

The update went well on my Mac mini M1 (core and Roon app both on build 943). Likewise, my iPhone is on the latest version. The only thing I’m having trouble with is Roon Bridge, as follows:

I’ve restarted the core a couple of times, but it didn’t help.

Go into the Ropieee interface and ‘advanced’ > reinstall Roon Bridge.

Rock and Windows remote (in Wine) perfect update as always

Updates went fine on Ubuntu server Core, on Pi4 running RoPieee and on iMac running Roon app as Remote. After update, Roon App on iMac consistently crashes when trying to access the Settings menu.

Edit: Now, 10 minutes later, is suddenly doesn’t crash anymore… Goblins at work…

1 Like

That did the trick. Thanks.

1 Like

Windows 10 is running flawlessly here right now in the latest release. Manjaro and old MacBook I look at tomorrow.

Core (NUC), Windows Remote, Mac Remote, iPhone and all RPi 4B’s updated without error. However, the Pi that shows “There was an error checking for an update” is a Pi 3B+, did not update. I had to manually uninstall/reinstall Bridge. FYI.

Flawless on Debian (bullseye) 5.10.0-13-amd64, iOS and bridge on two Ropieee’s.

1 Like

I have 2 identical PecanPi Streamers each running latest stable version of Ropieee, both with rPi 3Bs. One completed the Roon Bridge update just fine. The other disappeared from Roon although I could still see it via its IP address. I manually clicked the yellow “Reinstall Roon Bridge” in the Ropieee Advanced TAB UI for that one and then rebooted it. Came back fine in Roon.

I updated Roon Nucleus, Dell XPS 15, 2 RPi4’s running RoPieeeXL, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Mini 4, and iPad 8th Generation with no issues.

This update is the first Roon update who forgot my Linn Acurate Streamer as Roon tested Audio device :face_exhaling:
Update: Problem solved, the “Subnet for Linn Streaming” setting needed to corrected.

Once again, another Roon update that features an unbelievable improvement in sound quality! I don’t know how the Roon Team does it, after all bits is bits, but after the update it was a veil had lifted on the sound. I stand in awe!

I lost playlist links in this release. Everything else seems OK. Not the end of the world, but it would be nice to see this fixed. Thanks.

First time I’ve ever contributed to feedback, but I had to ask: how did you all improve the sound so much? I’ve been through every imaginable playback app out there, Roon included, and NEVER heard more than a minimal (think “1.5” on a scale of 1 to 10) improvement that couldn’t be attributed to placebo. But this build (943) is like a 7 or 8 out of 10. I’m not kidding. Impossible to be placebo effect. I’m utterly perplexed as to what your team could have possibly done to improve things this much. Really. This is a difference in kind, not merely of degree.

1 Like

Lucky guy. My nucleus is caput again

Super smooth update on Antipodes Edge server, win7 remote, Android phone remote and win10 laptop remote.

Certainly the win7 remote on the main PC ( for now…lol) seems much snappier and Roon starts up on it really quickly.

No complaints at all here.

Why don’t you post a thread requesting help from @support in the Support forum?

1 Like

thank you but I know the winning recipe. It’s just boring to start over every update

I’m not sure what it is you know, but if you need help from Roon, you should create a thread in Roon Support. If you don’t need their help, I assume that means you know how to solve the problem, so have at it.

Roon @support and Danny helped me solve a serious problem with my Nucleus yesterday and last night.

If you are having to " start over " after every update then something is amiss somewhere.
Maybe if you post a thread as Jim suggested it’s possible your problems could be resolved.