Roon 1.8 (Build 943) Feedback

“With this release we have implemented support for input peripherals on iPadOS. Specifically, Roon now supports iPads equipped with the Magic Keyboard or with connected Bluetooth keyboards, mice, and/or trackpads. The most requested feature has been scrolling via trackpad gesture (which is now fully supported), but this update also includes changes which implement right-click via mouse or trackpad, as well as implementation of Roon’s keyboard shortcuts. An iPad with external input devices now matches the user experience of Roon on macOS. There have been a large number of requests for this feature and we are very excited to make it a reality.”

Thank you Roon for finally hearing us about fixing the scrolling via trackpad gesture on iPad! I’ll update Roon later today, I can’t wait to finally see this in action.
Cheers!

4 Likes

Then kindly share it with the rest of us so we can all benefit.

This is a bad joke….After years you have finally fixed the the iPad scroll bug and with the same releaese my iPad crashes immediately when I try to open the „settngs“ page. UnbelivievabIe… I am speechless. And no…I will not raise a support ticket…There no answer anyway…

This is unfortunate Oliver, sorry to hear. I am not experiencing the same problem on my iPad. What version of os is your iPad on?

Is it just me or do I have to raise the volume levels a little after this last upgrade ?
It may have even been the upgrade before but I do have to turn volume up slightly .
I ask this as the alternative is my hearing is deteriorating

1 Like

Others have had that and after a couple of reboots it went away.

I have experienced the same, very odd. I will try rebooting a few times, and see what happens

1 Like

Got an issue on my DietPi too

EDIT: Updated DietPi to the latest version. Now it’s working. You guys maybe should check which version you’re on. If you run Roon Bridge on DietPi that is.

Yes I had the issue a year ago or so, some old versions of DietPi prevented Roon Bridge from updating correctly. Yesterday’s update went smoothly on my “old” DietPI 7.4.2 .

Am I the only one who lost playlist links with this build?

It may have been reset in the client. Settings, general.

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Build 943 crashes on macOS when accessing the settings menu

Looks like my hair is growing after 918. Had issues with the 800 series…

All playlists reported for duty here

No, that was the first thing I checked.

I still have playlists, I just don’t seem them referenced in the tracks that comprise them…

macOS Monterey 12.0.1. No crash when selecting the “Settings” menu or any other menu (Extensions, About, etc). Works perfectly.

Update was smooth and flawless for me, Qnap TVS471 16GB Ram iPad Pro for control.

1 Like

Seems to be more with advanced setups where people are using core on a server and controller device separate. Many have the issue, and it is a huge issue.

@Randy_Myers my core is on a truenas server, running on Debian 5.10.0-13-amd64 under BHYVE 1.0, have installed clients across 6 Apple devices and now 1 windows device and have yet to experience this problem.

I do hope you can get it sorted though.