Roon 1.8 (Build 943) Feedback

It worked fine for me until one hours ago. Don’t jinx it for you :stuck_out_tongue:

@RBO I have likely just jinxed myself then.

Ha! Is it crashing for you now?

No, but if you say it was fine for a bit and then it started it will no doubt be a matter of time for me too. :crazy_face:

@Randy_Myers , I am not running Core on the Mac. Only Remote. Good point.

@Carl-Ivar_Tornqvist , it’s also an easy fix to uninstall/reinstall Bridge on DietPi, considering how infrequently Roon updates it. I had an issue on a Pi 3B+; all my Pi 4B’s updated as expected. Reinstalled bridge on the 3B+, and I’m good to go.

Hello,
after installing the 1.8 (Build 943) Roon Core cannot start anymore. It gets frozen at the beggining and I have to force to terminate it.
My PC specs are: Intel(R) Core™ i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz, 8 GB Ram and the OS is Windows 10 Home, 21H2 ver., build 19044.1682.
Is there anybody else having troubles with this Roon update?
Should I have to reinstall Roon to fix this thing? Could I risk to lose my data since I have not done a backup yet? :cry:
Sorry but I am a newby at this…
Thanks.

Update without any issue on exaSound gamma server and iOS remote.

Manjaro Linux with Wine Gui works perfect.

All fine with MacMiniM1.
Thx.

I uninstalled the controller and reinstalled. I installed an old version and it immediately updated to 943. Same issue.

They 100% need to add a rollback feature for whenever an update has issues.

Windows 11 remote user here, seems fine to me , going to settings no crashes here.

@Randy_Myers , by “controller”, do you mean Core or Remote? Anytime I’ve had trouble with Remote (very rare), I’ve deleted the Roon directories under Finder → GO → (option key) → Library. Of course you don’t want to do this with Core, 'cause you may delete your database. Just a thought.

Just updated work Mac M1 as remote again no issues works fine, not crashing on opening settings or any page.

almost every time I resume the iPad version of the app, I get a brief flash of the “lost connection” screen. Started with the latest release, was fine before (ROCK NUC core wired to switch in turn wired to endpoint).

Roon Client on Windows 7 still sucking up 25% of available CPU “idling”. See Roon 1.8 (Build 936) Feedback - #54 by WillK

Windows 7 officially died more than two years ago.

1 Like

Flawless update experience.

MacBook, roopieee, and remote did all update without issue

Many people report that sound quality improved…maybe I imagine things but I feel like it really sounds noticeably better.

I have two issues on my iPad Pro:

1. Instant crash when I head to Settings.
  2. When entering a search term the space bar pauses the music.

For the crash with settings see here: