Roon 1.8 ,CAN'T FIND ASIO AUDIO DEVICE!

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 LTSC(latest version) Core pc ,Roon 1.8.778

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

My dac Denafrips Terminator ,direct link to core pc from USB.

Description Of Issue
IN 1.7 everything worked just fine. Problems started after update to 1.8, Roon stopped working with Denafrips Terminator DAC in ASIO mode. WASAPI mode works fine. Every other application also work in ASIO mode just like Audivana,but not Roon 1.8.
Removing drivers and reinstalling drivers do not help, system restore also do not help. Reinstalling Roon also do not help.
Roon can see Denafrips TerminatorWASAPI device, but shown no ASIO audio device found.

1 Like

Hi @chen_chigo

Are you able to connect the Denafrips to a different device? Does the same problem occur if it’s connected to something besides “This PC”?

Because i have QNAP nas,so I can set NAS as core.Then I connect the Denafrips DAC to other pc, It’s all fine.

When I use nas as core. I connect the Denafrips DAC to the problem pc.
It also can’t find ASIO audio device.

Thanks for the follow-up, @chen_chigo

So, to confirm, things are working fine on one PC but not the other. In most cases we’ve seen this stem from something happening with Windows, most typically an update causing driver problems. Uninstalling / reinstalling drivers often helps, but it sounds like you’ve done that already.

Can you try this on the problem PC?

You can generate a new RAATServer instance on your device by following these instructions, but please be aware that this will reset your Roon Settings → Audio Tab to factory settings and I would advise making a backup of any custom DSP settings you have:

• Close Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RAATServer”
  • Rename the “RAATServer” folder to “RAATServer_old”
  • Restart the Roon App to generate a new RAATServer folder

Let us know if this helps.

I have generate a new RAATServer instance on my pc.But problem still here.

Now I use hqplayer to output ASIO USB successfully. So it must be the problem of roon. You should solve this problem as soon as possible.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Can’t use DAC with ASIO