ROON 1.8 Crashes when clicking on certain Artists

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Roon 1.8 Build 753, 16 GB Ram,

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Netgear Nighthawk R7000, hardwired ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB, Sotm SMS-200 Neo with Roon Endpoint. HDMI connected to a Samsung TV. Nvidia GEForce 750 Ti graphics card and also onboard Intel graphics - same issue with either HDMI output.

Description Of Issue

Roon randomly freezes and then crashes when I click on certain Artists name. It is repeatable, so the same Artists cause Roon to crash every time and other Artists work fine with no problems. Certain Artists’ cover photo seems to be causing the issue as it is pure black most of the time the freeze up occurs. However the Cover photo does display properly on Iphone / Ipad. Also, the cover photo works on Windows 10 when playing a song or clicking on an album from the same Artist. The crash ONLY seems to happen when I click on Artist.

Example Artist: Black Pistol Fire

The Roon artwork photo causes my system to crash. However I changed out the artist image with a different photo and now it does not crash when I click on this artist.

Hello @Zach_Friedrick ,

Welcome to the forum! Can you please reproduce the crash, note the exact local time + date of the behavior and then use these instructions to send me a log set for review?

A post was split to a new topic: Crash when clicking artists on home page

Please find a link to the Logs zip folder below. I reproduced the Crash at 7:52 am February 10 2021. I clicked on the Artist Name: Zhu and the cover art failed to render (showed black) screen froze and I had to terminate Roon using task manager. It seems to be a problem rendering certain artists’s cover photos. If i change out the cover art with something different, as I did with a different artist that caused crashes, the problem is fixed.

Hello @Zach_Friedrick ,

Thanks again for sending those logs over, we’ve forwarded them to our QA team! This looks similar to an issue we have an active investigation into, so we have added your report to this ticket.

We can’t comment on a timeline of when the investigation will be complete, but if we need more details, we’ll reach out, thanks!

2 posts were split to a new topic: Roon crash when clicking on certain artist (King Pelican)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.