Roon 1.8 crashing by Selecting Genre

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

TEXT GOES HERE

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

TEXT GOES HERE

Roon 1.8 crashing by Selecting Genre

1 Like

Hi @Helmut_Mikuda

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Does this happen with all remotes?

Is it one specific genre that’s causing the crash or all of them?

Mac mini 2018 with macOS “Big Sur”
Network connection: LAN

It happens in the album editor on the MacMini. If I choose Classical as the genre and would like to add a subgenre (Chamber Music or Concerto, etc.) roon chrashes without further information.
I don’t use my remotes to edit.

Hi @Helmut_Mikuda

Can you reproduce this once more and let us know the time that you see the crash? After the crash occurs please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link. We’ll take a closer look with our QA team.

Thanks!

sorry, i don’t have any sharing services

is there no other way to transmit the data?

Build 778 shows the same misbehavior. Roon crashes when I edit a genre.

i accidentally found a workaround.

i had edited an album with mp3tag. I wrongly used %style% as the target tag instead of %title%.

After that, all “Title” values appeared in Roon as a sub-genre.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.