Roon 1.8 daily stops/hangs/loses audiozone (ROCK, Linn Klimax DS)

Roon Core Machine

Roon ROCK 1.8 on Intel NUC8I7BEH2 i7-8559U 2,7GHz
Music on internal storage SSD in NUC

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Netgear GS108 switch, Ziggo router (from TV-provider), all connections thru cables, remote operation on iPhone / iPad

Connected Audio Devices

Endpoint (audiozone) Linn Klimax DS, connected to same switch as NUC

Number of Tracks in Library

20.000 tracks, 1875 albums

Description of Issue

Roon stops playing daily. This is independent from source: it stops if I play Live Radio and when I play TIDAL or albums in the library. I can press play again and then it plays but will probably stop again.
Sometimes it also loses the audiozone “living room”, which is the Linn Klimax DS. Sometimes the audiozone will “come back”, sometimes it won’t.
Sometimes it doesn’t play at all anymore and then I need to force-close the application on the iPhone/iPAd that I’m using and restart it.

The Linn Klimax DS will play independent from Roon at all times so I don’t think the Klimax or the ethernet connection to the Klimax is the problem.

Roon will play without problems on an other audiozone “study” which also has a Linn device as endpoint. This is a Linn Majic DS (not a Klimax). In my study I always operate Roon from my computer, a Mac Pro.

Please tell me how to fix this. I can provide logs if necessary.
Thanks.

Willem, Netherlands

Dear Support. Please respond.

I’m waiting on replies about similar problems. Support have not contributed anything to solving the problem in a month. They are very friendly as they go about achieving nothing though.

Out of interest is your endpoint using Airplay?

I had some success moving the core from NUC ROCK to a Mac Pro, worked fine but I want to use an NUC. I’m pretty sure it’s not network related otherwise why would the Mac work and the NUC doesn’t.

Hi Andy,

The endpoint - the Linn Klimax DS - is not using AirPlay but is connected to the network with an UTP cable. It plays OK with no problems when used stand-alone without Roon.

Support have indeed not responded - what am I paying hard-earned bucks for ??!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.