Auralic Altair G1
SOtM sMS-200 Ultra Neo + Denafrips Ares II
Non playing:
Ikea Symfonisk Sonos device
NanoPi Neo (DietPi latest) + Chord Hugo 2

Number of Tracks in Library

100K tracks ca

Description of Issue

I started up my “self contained” Roon appliance this afternoon. This is a HP Elitedesk AIO Touch with Win 10 21H2. It holds it’s own library on a 4Tb Samsung drive and the OS and Roon DB resides on a 120Gb Kingston.
Since it was awhile ago this was in use i figured i’d go straight ahead and upgrade it to the latest legacy release. It’s very purpose is to be an appliance-like Roon Setup with everything in a package, easy to bring to gatherings as a digital media source.
So i downloaded Roon 1.8 Legay for Windows x64 fron KB page.
I installed it on top of the old package and everything seemed to go well.
I also updated the 4Tb drive with some fresh media while the machine and Roon was running. (robocopy, in the background)
While copying i started to play back some tunes but Roon crashed on me after only a few minutes. I tried restarting Roon but the result was similar each time, the app crashed only a minute or two after startup, whether playing music or not. Even when the analysis and windows patches was finished and applied, the crashes happened frequently.
I notice i the Roon logs a LOT of references to mobility and Roon ARC code, which shouldn’t be there…
While defeating it’s very purpose (with the internet requirement) i decided to try the 2.0 install and it is working perfectly (it’s on 2.4Ghz WLAN here) and has been playing fine for over an hour.

There must be something funny in the Roon Legacy 1.8 Installer!

Hey @Mikael_Ollars,

My apologies on the delay in getting back to you here. I wanted to check in and see if you were still running into issues with your windows core crashing on 1.8 legacy?

If so, could you please reproduce the crash, grab a timestamp, and share it here? That way, we’ll enable diagnostics on the machine and take a deeper look into the logs to see what might be going on at the time of the crash.

A million thanks for your patience :pray: I’ll be on standby for your reply

Hi Ben, thanks for getting back!
I went 2.0 on this machine, which works fine. If you request me to, i can back down to Roon 1.8 Legacy again, and see if i see similar behaviour?

Hey @Mikael_Ollars,

I’m glad to hear 2.0 is functioning crash free for you! No need to downgrade in this case. My only homework for you : enjoy the tunes! :notes:

Thanks for the follow up :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.