Roon 1.8 no google play update for Amazon Fire HD 10 tablet

#support Hi, I have updated my nucleus plus, pc and phone to 1.8. However, the main roon remote I use is on my Amazon Fire HD10 tablet. When I access Google Play to update the app it just shows it as installed' - there is no option to update. So Roon on the fire is stuck on the software update needed’ screen, and for the moment I can’t use it. Do you know when this update will be available, of if there is some other way round this problem?
Thanks, Peter.
Update - I uninstalled and reinstalled the Roon Remote app. It made no difference. The onscreen message is still `Software update needed - Roon is trying to connect, but it looks like one or more devices on your network need a software update’. The Nucleus Plus, the PC and the phone (a One Plus android) are all version 1.8 (build 880). The fire tablet is 1.8 (build 831). Can you please help as I am out of ideas about what to do.

If you can side load programs into the Fire tablet, then you can download the apk from the Roon Download Page.

Also, you are not in the support section, so I am moving the post. And I am pinging @support for you.

1 Like

Amazon store is usually the slowest / last to publish the updated app that Roon supplies.
Sometimes 48 hours or more.

1 Like

Hey @Peter_Allen,

Could you please let us know if the update still doesn’t appear in another 24h?

Thanks to all for the replies. I’ll give it another 24 hours before I check out whether I can side load the program.

1 Like

Here is a thread with a link to a How to in case you need it.

1 Like

Amazon App is now ready - lost 4 days of music using roon, thanks Amazon - try and keep up

Yes, mine has updated automatically now. A pathetic performance by Amazon.

Exactly people…it’s Amazon…not Roon.
I wish some would remember that before lambasting Roon from the rooftops for something out of their control.
:grin:

1 Like

I have to deal with my internal customers at work about our apps in the stores.
My explanation

2 Likes

Nice one! Made me laugh, anyway.

1 Like

I assume that the Amazon snail is not even in the picture yet?
Probably not even left the starting gate there!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.