Roon 1.8: Proxmox LXC container,how can i set a local folder as my library

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Proxmox Virtual Environment 6.3-3, Debian 10.7 LXC Container, Roon 1.8 (build 764)

Description Of Issue

I’m trying to set up an LXC container on my Proxmox host as my Roon core.
I’m following the steps in this document and everything went fine.
I’m mounting a zfs pool into /mnt/music in the container. Works perfectly and I can see all my music when i “cd” into this directory.
Unfortunately i can’t see local directories when i try to setup storage in the Roon settings. The only thing i can set are network shares. What am i doing wrong?

Best
Andreas

There is a known issue where ZFS is used on the root filesystem or in a container. You may be better off posting in #tinkering since this is not AFAIK a supported configuration (and ZFS on root is still experimental.)

I think someone posted a workaround recently, so searching the forum may help.

Sounds like the same problem we’ve reported over on Roon 1.8 does not see local folders on Linux ZFS drive [Ticket In]

It might say ZFS, but this problem is more than that. It is pretty much any filesystem on / that doesn’t conform to the basic /dev/sd* device. Users who aren’t using ZFS are having the same problem.

If they don’t support it, they need to put it in big bold words.

As is, there is a ticket opened and Roon Labs has identified the problem. Supposedly the fix is sitting in QA.

Thank you for pointing to the existing thread about this problem in 1.8.
I only found an older thread describing the problem in 1.3.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.