Roon 1.8 stuck still :( and not usable any more [seems SOLVED]

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Ubuntu 20 / nuc 7i7-8gb-240gbssd just updated 1.8

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

wired from remote (Win10/lates 1.8) thru Core to endpoint (1.7 on ubuntu18 playing to hegel h390)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

usb from endpoint to h390

Description Of Issue

just updated to 1.8, issue here and there, listening to first AMM album (from tidal), pressing on “Eddie Prevost” in credits - and all goes bust:

I rebooted Core, hard-restarted remote 2 times - no way: remote connects to core, but goes to “Not responding” state immediately.

so it seems I cannot use roon any way any more :frowning: please consider it URGENT problem.

PS i’m programmer and linux expert btw, and I want my music back :frowning: :frowning:

looks like it was a problem with win10 firewall… strangely enough I’m having duplications of roon.exe and raatserver.exe there - not beautiful enough, seems like upgrade can do slicker with that, at least notify me to look after that.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.