Roon 1.8 - The Home page crashes on Windows 10 Pro

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon ROCK Version 1.8 Build 764
Intel NUC 8I7BEH - Core i7-8559U
Kingston ValueRAM SO DDR4-2400 SC - 8GB
Samsung 970 EVO SSD M.2 2280 - 250GB
Wired Ethernet

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wired Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Allo USBridge running DietPi Version 1.7 Build 571 (Latest Build) - wired Ethernet
connected using USB to
RME ADI-2 Pro FS R Black Edition

Description Of Issue

I’m using Roon Remote on iPad, Mac and Windows 10.

The issue is with the Roon app on Windows 10 and I don’t see the same issue on Mac nor iPad.

I works mostly, however the app crashes every time I go to the Home screen under Browse.

I’ve just re-installed Windows 10 and thereby also the Roon Windows application.

The specs of the PC:
Intel(R) Core™ i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz
16 GB RAM
500 GB SSD system disk
Edition: Windows 10 Pro
Version: Version 20H2
OS Build: 19042.804
Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

Sorry for the trouble here, @Jan_Ekstrom

Would you kindly use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs from the Windows machine using a shared Dropbox link?

Hi @Jan_Ekstrom

Apologies for the delay! Our team’s queue is longer than typical at the moment, but we’re working to get back to everyone as quickly as we can.

Moving forward, I’d like to get Event Viewer logs from your Windows machine so our team can take a closer look.

See steps below:

1. Press Win + R and type eventvwr.msc
  2. Press OK – this should open Event Viewer window
  3. From the left sidebar go to Windows Logs > Application
  4. Right click on the Application subsection and pick Filter Current Log... from the context menu
  5. On the Filter tab for the Logged section pick a parameter Last 30 days and press OK
  6. Right click on the Application subsection again and pick Save filtered log file as.. from the context menu
  7. Enter the log file name, for e.g. Roon_USERNAME , and press Save
  8. Share the logs with us here

Hi @dylan ,

I don’t know what have changed, but I don’t see this issue anymore!?!
I’m happy that it’s no longer an issue, but I have know idea what caused it neither why is went away again.

Do you still want the logs for investigation or should we just close it here - and then re-open if it re-appears?

BR Jan

Hi @dylan
the problem is back :frowning:
So I’ve followed your description above and made the event logs available here:

Looking forward to hear from you again.
BR Jan

Hi @Jan_Ekstrom

I just wanted to let you know that this is currently with our QA team and we’ll be sure to follow up as soon as we have insight from their investigation.

Hi @dylan

I’ve upgraded to Build 778, and that have apparently solved this bug.
I’ll monitor it over the next couple of weeks, to see if it is stable.
BR
Jan

1 Like

Thanks for confirming, @Jan_Ekstrom — If you see any issues return please do let us know.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.