Roon 1.8 won't launch

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 19041.746/Intel I5 3570 1tb ssd half full/just updated to Roon 1.8
Samsung s10 used as remote, updated to 1.8 prior to upgrading Roon

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Asus RT-AC86U Ethernet connection to Roon PC

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Topping DX7S dac/headphone amp via USB to Roon PC
Minidsp SHD connected via Ethernet
Description Of Issue

Roon never launched after hitting the upgrade button so I rebooted. It turned out Windows also wanted to upgrade so it did that then rebooted. Could not launch Roon. Looking in Task Manager Roon would show up in the processes for about 10 seconds but never as an app. I then uninstalled Roon, downloaded a fresh copy and reinstalled. Same thing, it starts to launch then crashes.

Same here, works ok on Android and IOS - but can’t run on PC

Hello @Brian_Burgess1, our apologies for the trouble here. Could you please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link. Please do this from the machine that is crashing, thanks!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ib5uq6HX465WXCSOK91xzFt6wdqpD7yE/view?usp=sharing

Did you examine these logs?

Were these logs any help? Is there a way to go back to 1.7 which was working fine?

Hi @Brian_Burgess1 ,

We can’t seem to access those logs, can you please grant permission and let me know? Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ib5uq6HX465WXCSOK91xzFt6wdqpD7yE/view?usp=sharing

I think you should have access now. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @Brian_Burgess1 ,

Thanks for sending that log over! I do see a potential issue here, can you please check to see if you have the latest .NET and display drivers installed?

1 Like

Success! .NET was up-to-date but the Intel Driver &Support Assistant updated the display and display audio drivers. Strangely, Windows said the display driver was the latest. Anyway, back in business unless Windows changes it back. Thanks!

1 Like