Roon Core Machine
xeon e3-1270v6 @3.80ghz
64 Bit, 32gb ram
Networking Gear & Setup Details
Connected Audio Devices
Just PC for now
Description of Issue
Windows 10. Latest build. Roon 1.8 Roon won’t launch. I click the icon and nothing happens. I have Norton 360 and added ROON and RAATSERVER to program exceptions. Nothing.
Have you searched the forum for ‘Norton’? Seems to making a name for itself unfortunately where Roon is concerned.
I did and added ROON to program exceptions. I also updated Norton to latest version.
Please try each of these steps, and try to launch Roon after each.
- Reboot the Windows machine
- Disable Norton and Windows Defender Firewall (along with any other AV/Firewall) — If there is any change after doing so please let us know!
- Uninstall and reinstall the graphics drivers directly from the manufacturer’s website
- Don’t use Window’s automatic driver updates for this — We’ve seen this cause issues in the past
- Download .NET Framework and reinstall it
If none of the above helps, please use these instructions to send us Roon logs from the device.
We’ll also want to take a look at Event Viewer logs, which give some insight into errors being reported by the OS — Please send those as well:
- Press Win + R and type eventvwr.msc
- Press OK – this should open Event Viewer window
- From the left sidebar go to Windows Logs > Application
- Right click on the Application subsection and pick Filter Current Log… from the context menu
- On the Filter tab for the Logged section pick a parameter Last 30 days and press OK
- Right click on the Application subsection again and pick Save filtered log file as… from the context menu
- Enter the log file name, for e.g. Roon_USERNAME , and press Save
None of the steps worked for me. Here are my logs:
Here are the Windows logs