64 Bit, 32gb ram

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Hardwired network

Connected Audio Devices

Just PC for now

Library Size

10,000 tracks?

Description of Issue

Windows 10. Latest build. Roon 1.8 Roon won’t launch. I click the icon and nothing happens. I have Norton 360 and added ROON and RAATSERVER to program exceptions. Nothing.

Have you searched the forum for ‘Norton’? Seems to making a name for itself unfortunately where Roon is concerned.

I did and added ROON to program exceptions. I also updated Norton to latest version.

A post was split to a new topic: Roon crashing after Windows 10 update

Hi @Mike_Drumm

Please try each of these steps, and try to launch Roon after each.

1. Reboot the Windows machine
  2. Disable Norton and Windows Defender Firewall (along with any other AV/Firewall) — If there is any change after doing so please let us know!
  3. Uninstall and reinstall the graphics drivers directly from the manufacturer’s website
    1. Don’t use Window’s automatic driver updates for this — We’ve seen this cause issues in the past
  4. Download .NET Framework and reinstall it

Next Steps

If none of the above helps, please use these instructions to send us Roon logs from the device.

We’ll also want to take a look at Event Viewer logs, which give some insight into errors being reported by the OS — Please send those as well:

1. Press Win + R and type eventvwr.msc
  2. Press OK – this should open Event Viewer window
  3. From the left sidebar go to Windows Logs > Application
  4. Right click on the Application subsection and pick Filter Current Log… from the context menu
  5. image
  6. On the Filter tab for the Logged section pick a parameter Last 30 days and press OK
  7. image
  8. Right click on the Application subsection again and pick Save filtered log file as… from the context menu
  9. Enter the log file name, for e.g. Roon_USERNAME , and press Save

None of the steps worked for me. Here are my logs:

Here are the Windows logs