We’re thrilled to announce the latest Early Access release with a slew of stability improvements. Hot on the heels of delivering Fluency, the team has taken a cycle to tighten up new product features and fix some long-standing bugs.
The most significant Roon updates address issues with Chromecast TV timing out and reverting to the screensaver after a short amount of time. We’ve also corrected a possible leak when navigating back and forth from the Album details page which ultimately led to delays in playback start.
We’ve also included a few backend improvements with regard to updating from an older Early Access build and improved .NET6 compatibility with older hardware.
A big shout-out to those of you who volunteered their time (and risked their sanity) to provide feedback for IPv6 testing in #earlyaccess.
Thank you for reading and for your continued support,
The Team at Roon Labs
|Roon / RoonServer||2.0 (build 1268) earlyaccess|
|Roon Remote (Android / iOS)||2.0 (build 1268) earlyaccess|
- Fixed an issue with Chromecast TV timing out and reverting to screensaver after short amount of time.
- Fixed a potential leak when navigating back-and-forth from Album details page that can cause delays in track playback starting.
- Fixed an issue preventing Early Access Cores updating from build 1253 to 1254.
- Fixed an error with Live Radio playback metadata failing to appear.
- Fixed an issue with Amazon Fire devices showing up in logging as UPnP devices.
- Fixed a regression causing “Prefer Best” setting with artwork to fail at Album level.
- Fixed a rendering issue in Signal Path in Windows.
- Fixed a regression causing dialog boxes to disappear when clicked.
- Fixed filtering with localized native-language names.
- Fixed incomplete metadata localization on genre details page.
- Refined .NET6 compatibility
- Refined IPv6 compatibility
- Miscellaneous fixes and enhancements
Cores, remotes, and ARC installations already running
earlyaccess should update automatically. If you need to reinstall, the latest
earlyaccess builds can always be found at the following links.
|Linux: †||Easy Installer||Full Package|
|Nucleus / ROCK:||See Help Center|
|Android APKs:||Roon Remote||Roon ARC|
† Information on loading Roon on Linux can be found here . Please use the files linked here in place of those from the help center article when loading