Roon 2.0: From Rumors To Reality

Very excited about what’s coming. If it’s Roon mobile, which I’m sure it is, it’s definitely a game changer, and something that I myself wished for many years ago since I started using Roon (I’ve been around pretty much from the get-go). I also anticipated that this would be labeled as 2.0 :grinning:
That is if it works well. And knowing the Roon team, they wouldn’t release a feature that doesn’t work well. That’s why they had us waiting all these years. That’s why they didn’t just release half-assed MQA support like every other product but instead took the time and effort to make it that much better with allowing DSP in the chain. They have been thinking about the mobile concept for years and I’m sure they’ve come up with something exceptional.
Sure, there will probably be some hickups at first like there sometimes are, but those will be addressed like they always do.
Exciting times!

2 Likes

I’d just be happy with lossless audio on Android… although mobile does sound appealing.

It’s not about the car, it’s about the building. A hospital. Because 2.0 will be so good your ears will bleed and you’ll have to go there!

1 Like

I am a beta tester too and i like my new 911 beta 44
You will like what comes soon :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Tester here too.
Enjoying my new shiny car. :star_struck:

1 Like

cant wait… i love teasers…

maybe you should look at the part you dont normally look at in that teaser video. What is happening in the background on the left for example when the lady smiles.

it’s so easy to make (almost) any movie look good in a trailer :slight_smile:

What I dislike about most movie trailers is they give away the plot.

1 Like

Yes ! a re-tuning DSP without digit artefact at 432hz like 432EVO, but with only one click for each individuals tracks. All this in beautifull page !

Yes, single core is all you need if you have high speed connection between the only core and outside world.

DSD 1024 is so 2021. DSD4196 is what we want now…

5 Likes

You mean DSD4096.

2 Likes

What’s a small typo between friends :thinking:

1 Like

You’ve not received the new memo then?

Less a typo, more the result of a few too many (ahem) ‘refreshments’ this evening :beers::beers::beers:

3 Likes

I thought the last major update went well.

Lots of video I’m guessing. Tidal redux? Hope not…

I don’t really care what the Roon 2.0 update includes or doesn’t include, I just hope it works well for most people.

5 Likes

The price was increased more than a year ago, and they said repeatedly that they prefer subscriptions and that they might end the lifetime option at any time without warning. There are many posts about this on the forum as well by Danny. However, it is still available

2 Likes