Roon 2.0: From Rumors To Reality

Outstanding, Roon!

4 Likes

Oh my according to that FAQ, it will be looking to maintain a connection with your network through port forwarding. Its a brave Roon team Iā€™ll say that :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Still waiting for the update ā€¦ it is now 10:30 PM here in Perth Western Australia.

Nice to see we can sync music, so we can download while offline. Be nice to see the read the full announcement at 5pm GMT.

Synology NAS users will have to wait for a new package I guess ? Or will it pull it like it did for 1.x versions ?

Itā€™s 14:37 UTC time though, you still have 90 mins to wait.

1 Like

Iā€™m assuming itā€™ll take some time before the .spk is updated for Synology devices to access ARC?

https://roononnas.org/en/synology-dsm7/

Well, itā€™s not yet 16:00 UTCā€¦

Unless you have a good Internet connection at home or wherever your core is, downloading will not be a good option. I know my home upload connection is not good enough, at 10mbps to make downloading from my server a viable option whilst away.

?

1 Like

LOL about ARC cause the guys at Roon knows nothing about the desastrous german mobile network coverage. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Shouldā€™ve advertised it as 16:00 Zulu time, that would have caused some real confusion.

1 Like

But it is optional to use it and they really canā€™t change that fact so why not to implement it. I wil show it to my friend who is a vinyl guy - I will conect with my phone via line in and I will say " Future is here, Old man!"

I almost bought a second subscription for work recently. Glad I waited.

1 Like

i am beta testing ARC since some weeks in german mobile network without problems or interruptions, even on the Autobahn. (Network is Congstar/D1 LTE)

1 Like

The package is already available and has been tested.

1 Like

I knew thereā€™d a be reason for jusitfying having 1gig download & upload at some point.

2 Likes

In the US, the Roon app (not the new Roon ARC app) has now been updated to Roon 2.0 in the iOS App Store. This new version requires an updated core. Roon Remote (Legacy) is also now available.

This is exciting and Iā€™m looking forward to it. I hope, on iOS, that voice control works and Iā€™m looking forward to a future update with CarPlay support!

1 Like

Iā€™ll say this much Roon wonā€™t be adjusting my network anytime soon lol.