Roon 2.0 on Mac crashes when Core is playing Live Radio

Roon Core Machine

ROCK on an Intel NUC.
Version 2.0 (build 1128) production

Description of Issue

After upgrading to Roon 2.0, I have encountered a situation where if I begin streaming live radio, the Mac app crashes. It then continues crashing on launch until I play something else (requiring another remote since it’s crashing on launch).

This started after upgrading my core (ROCK on Intel NUC) to 2.0 (build 1128). Then I upgraded the app I use as a remote on Mac OS 12.5.1 to the same version.

After starting the Mac app, I began streaming Live Radio to a Sonos One. As soon as I click “Play now”, the radio begins playing but the Mac app immediately crashes.

Attempting to start the Mac app again, it shows the loading screen in the middle and then crashes. Every single time. Thankfully it’s not my only remote.

When I use a different remote (iPad) to stop the radio playing on the Sonos One, the Mac app still crashes. However, if I use the iPad app to begin streaming something else (Tidal in this case) to the same Sonos One that was previously playing the radio, then I can launch the Mac app again just fine.

It’s not unique to the Sonos One. If I have radio playing on the ROCK itself, the Mac app will crash. Seems like the combination is a ROCK Core playing radio and a Mac OS remote connecting to it.

Hi, @BrianE. Thank you for the report. Could you, please, use the directions found here and send over a set of logs to our File Uploader?

Thanks!

Ivan

Hi Ivan,

Despite a 100% repro last night while writing this post, I tried again this morning to ensure the crash was the very last thing in the logs and I couldn’t get the problem to repro.

Only thing that changed was last night I had a Windows remote running 1.8 still that was connected to the core. I just upgraded that to 2.0 before trying to repro and grab the logs. Could be pure coincidence, but figured I’d mention it.

I grabbed the logs anyway from both the ROCK core and Mac remote and uploaded them under BrianE.

1 Like

Hi @BrianE ,

Thanks for the update here, please do let us know if you are able to reproduce the issue again in the future and we can re-open this thread, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.