Roon 2.0 problems

I use roon on 2 machines one in my home and one in my office, no at the same time, previous versions ask me to unauthorise my office or home machine at startup, since version 2.0. this no longer works Roon just stop in logo screen at startup

I can’t answer your question specifically but ARC will allow you to listen in one location from your core in the other which might be more convenient?

I have two systems with multiple dacs and amps for an active speaker so ARC is not for me

I had what I think is the same problem. When I updated from Roon 1.8 to Roon 2.0, my Nucleus worked well and my Dell worked well as a Roon control device. However, when I deactivated the Nucleus and tried to use my Dell as Roon core, Roon would not open.

In an attempt to solve this, I renamed the Dell file to Dell_old and let Roon update, but the same problem happened. I did that 8 times over about a two week period. So, finally today, I went into Windows and deleted Roon from the Dell. I did not delete the data and settings or whatever it’s called. Then, I did a reinstall of Roon 2.0 and all is good now.