Roon 2.0 shuts down when I select a song

Roon Core Machine

I have an HP Pavilion p7-1515PC as my core running windows 10. Intel i5 -3470 processor 8GB DDR3 memory. I have upgraded to Roon 2.0. After Roon loads when I select a song it does not play and completely shuts down

Networking Gear & Setup Details

ORBI wifi and router

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Roon was working fine until I upgraded to Roon 2.0. Now when I open Roon and select a song it does not play and completely shuts down. It will not work at all.

Hey @Kenneth_Bann,

You have my sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we’ve been dealing with a higher-than-usual volume following our release and we’re working as quickly as we can to get back to everyone.

Are you still having issues with roon crashing? If so, please recreate this issue a few times and share a time stamp (date and time) of when the crashes occurred. That way, we can enable diagnostics on your account to take a closer look.

I’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply :+1:

I have tried it many times and it continues to shut down when I select a song. Just tried today 10/20/22 at about 4:30. This did not happen with the previous version of Roon. Can I go back to that version? Thanks

Hey @Kenneth_Bann,

Edit: Kenneth, you should be able to update/install straight from the app and be good to go :+1:

Yes, we have the option to downgrade to 1.8. Please read our help article on the subject here:

We will continue to deep dive into why you may be crashing in the meantime, in case you ever want to upgrade back to 2.0 :+1: