Roon 571 stops playing randomly

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Intel i7 NUC up to date ROCK 1.7 build 571. Pressing play again restarts no need for a reboot. Using Qobuz.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Over wired network from Netgear switch to Apple Airport Extreme

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Ethernet to microRendu connected via USB to Hugo 1 DAC from. Controlled from iMac running 10.15.5

Description Of Issue

Music stops randomly in the middle of a track. Sometime when I have just pressed play or sometimes when several tracks have already played. No pattern.

Hi @Michael_McGrath,

How often does this issue occur? Once an hour? Once a week?
Do you see any error messages when this occurs?

Hi Noris, it happens once a day at the moment. Occasionally it will happen twice in quick succession and then play fine. I don’t see any error messages.

Hi @Michael_McGrath,

Can you please let me know the exact local time + date + track you see this issue occur? I can take a look at the diagnostics after getting this info.

Hi Norris,

It just happened now at 18:43 BST on 7 July.

I was listening to Artie Shaw Summertime from Qobuz. It’s on an album 1942-1945 (HD Remastered) Artie Shaw.

It was playing from the microrendu and its logo was in the bottom right.

The system stuttered for a few seconds and the blue “Select an audio zone” button, at the bottom of the Roon screen, flashed up.

The blue button then disappeared and It returned to the microrendu but did not restart play.

I pressed play but a weak, tinny sound emerged (I’ve not noticed this behaviour before). I restarted Roon and all back to normal now.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Thanks for that timestamp @Michael_McGrath! I have gone ahead and enabled diagnostics mode for your account and what this action will do is next time your Core is active, a set of logs will automatically be generated and uploaded to our servers for analysis.

While we perform analysis on the timestamp you provided, can you also please try connecting the Hugo 1 directly via USB to the Core, bypassing the microRendu as a test? I would be interesting if the issue does not occur with the microRendu out of the mix.

Hi

Noris

As advised I tried connecting the core (a NUC running Rock) to the Hugo by USB but just couldn’t get it to work. It also for some reason added a lot of RF noise to the signal (I could hear an FM station broadcasting) going into the amp, something to do with the earthing of my Naim amp I suspect.

I am beginning to think the problem lies with the Hugo, may be I need to have it serviced.

I assume the logs did not reveal anything helpful? If so feel free to close this and I’ll see about servicing the DAC.

Many thanks for your help.

M

Hi @Michael_McGrath,

I just checked our diagnostics servers and I don’t see the logs as being delivered. But in any case, this provides a really good clue:

I would reach out directly to Chord support and let them know this aspect, it does sound like the unit needs servicing.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.