Roon aborts - Roon could not find WGL functions required to initialize OpenGL

Roon Core Machine

Core runs on:
Intel NUC i5 processor running ROCK
16 GB RAM

The computer in which I am experiencing the problem is:
Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
Intel(R) Core™ i7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70GHz, 2701 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Intel HD Graphics 530 GPU

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

2,384 albums
33,101 Tracks

Description of Issue

I am running Roon on an Intel based Dell Laptop. Roon works fine for a while, then it aborts, and I get the following “fatal error” message:

“Roon could not find WGL functions required to initialize OpenGL.
It is likely that the proper dirvers for your display hardware are not installed.
Up-to-date drivers should be available from the website of your computer or GPU manufacturer.”

When I close and re-launch Roon, I continue to receive the above message. In order to stop getting the error, I have to reboot. Then after a while, the cycle repeats.

I have ensured that Windows and my GPU drivers are all up to date via Windows Update and downloading the latest graphics drivers for my computer from the Dell support website. Still no resolution.

I would appreciate help in resolving this issue.

Hi,

Try the drivers from intel’s driver scan / update site.

It’s my go to place for them.

1 Like

Hi @Luis_Puncel,

Have you had a chance to double-check and/or update your Intel drivers? The tech support team is standing by to request diagnostics from your account and assist further if you’re still experiencing this problem.

Thank you!

I have the same problem an all my Intel drivers are up to date.

Hi @Pierre_G,

Are you encountering this issue on the most recent build, released today? If so, we’ll split your post into a dedicated topic and follow up there.

@connor, the problem is resolved for me with a graphics driver update that was pushed out by the manufacturer.

Thanks for the support.

Luis

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.