Roon adding wrong album cover

Hey,

I’ve been using Roon for a few weeks now, and there’s one thing that’s been frustrating for me for a while. I’ve linked my Qobuz account to Roon, and the vast majority of my music library is songs coming from Qobuz. However, I also have a portion of music coming from local storage. They’re very unorganized on my drive, which I don’t mind, it’s fine in Roon. Most of the songs are in a big pile in one folder, with just a couple of folders with songs from just an album. I don’t have any album art stored in any of those, EXCEPT ONE (let’s call it album “xyz”). And whenever I add any song, from anywhere, to my Roon folder, Roon always adds the album cover from xyz to that song. At first, I wasn’t very bothered by this, I wanna edit/double-check the details of every new song anyways. But I can’t actually delete the cover xyz, just set a second album cover. It will always show my own (and the correct) cover first on the TV. I’ve disabled Album Art cycling, but it still shows a little thumbnail of xyz on the album cover view on the TV.

How do I fix this? I’ve deleted the album cover from my drive, but new songs will still get that cover assigned to them.

Some pics to illustrate what I mean.
Wrong thumbnail: https://i.gyazo.com/7182d49708cce94cebb5de131e59d45d.png
Album details window: https://i.gyazo.com/9031a6248a23d53fab6493454b7f374d.png

~Leroy

Album art in Roon is not setup for singles but by albums.

If you want the associated album art for each song, then you will have to setup the associated album folder and then add the album art and song in that folder even if it is just 1 song. Then go to the Album Editor and edit album art or name the album art to something like folder.jpg in the album directory and then Roon should pick that file up if you tell Roon to use your files.

–MD

Ye, I didn’t organize my Roon Folder itself. Roon doing a perfect job at organizing that mess and I’m happy with it. And ye, whenever I added a new track to my Roon folder, I would add edit the cover art in the Album editor in Roon. However, it would always add the album cover of xyz, which was located in "D:(…)\Roon Music\xyz". I deleted it there.

But I’m a big silly dumb dumb. The major part of my local music is sitting unorganized in "D:(…)\Roon Music", and for some unknown reason, there was a .jpg file containing the art of xyz as well. No idea why, but I deleted that, and everything’s fixed now :smiley:

~Leroy

EDIT: should I ever feel the urge to organize my music in my folder, will Roon keep track of tracks when I sort them into folders? Or will it identify those as different tracks, and thus delete and readd them to my library?

1 Like

It will keep track.

1 Like

After you move your files, perform a folder cleanup.

–MD

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.