Roon + Airplay Issues

Desktop PC - Threadripper Windows 10 Pro Roon 1.8 (756)

Wifi Archer Router AX50. Tried airplay devices as both wired and wireless modes. all firmware up to date.

Marantz NR1608 Receiver, Apple TV, KEF LSX speakers. all firmware/software up to date.

I am a new user and I can’t get airplay to work. I can see all 3 devices in the roon audio tab. i can enable them all. then i try to play and neither the marantz nor the appletv will play audio. when i went to enable the appletv, it turned on, displayed the 4 digit code to connect, successfully paired and then will not play audio files. kef lsx speakers will not automatically receive the request to switch over (through KEF Streaming). kef speakers play fine through the direct spdif connection through roon.

that said, itunes on the same computer can connect both to the appletv, marantz. I’m not sure what i’m doing wrong here, but I’m sure it’s probably something simple.

OK, I think i solved it now. Roon.exe disabled the Windows 10 Private firewall but not the Public one. Going into the Windows 10 firewall settings and also checking the Public firewall box got things moving.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.