Roon all screwed up

My Roon is all screwed up - no connection between whaat is playing and what the software shows - Im trying to uninstall and start over but it wont even let me uninstall Help!!!

Hmm, you rebooted everything?

You are sure you are looking at the right zone?

We need a bit more to go on if we are going to help

Where is Core running, Mac, PC, Nucleus, NUC?

What do you mean it won’t let you uninstall?

Need a lot more info.

“Don’t panic” - HHG

This was happening to me (although at a less severe description)… found network issues with the Wifi between remote and Core. Cleaned the Wifi and all sanity returned.

Filthy Wifi has a lot to answer for :wink:

4 Likes

Are you maybe in another zone with your remote than the zone you are listening to?

I am running on a PC. I think I have the right zone because I can select i and roon plays, it’s just that what it plays has nothing to do with what music I try to select. it seems to be in radio mode where it just keeps playing random selections. When I go into windows control panel where you can uninstal software and try to uninstall Roon it tells me I can’t because a version of Roon is running. But then I use task manager to see what is running and it tells me nothing is running. I hope this makes it clearer

What do you mean by cleaned the wi-fi?

Hi @Bob_Mueller,

Have you made sure that you have selected the correct Audio Zone prior to starting playback?

You can perform a manual reinstall of Roon by using these instructions:

• Make a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder

It can mean different things once I identify the problem. I have 3 APs in my house. After troubleshooting I identified that the channels a couple of them were on got congested. I don’t know which of my neighbors installed something new but there was a visual increase in retries and errors across the wireless network.

So, this particular “cleaning” was running a site evaluation (embedded in the Unifi APs) to identify channel congestion. I then moved the APs to less congested channels. Stats returned to “normal” levels and my Roon issues went away. I meant to write this up as I think it would be helpful. I’ve just not got around to it. It does help using gear which provides this capability but the same thing can be done with a mobile phone and Wifi analyzer software.

1 Like

Hi have you inadvertently switch on shuffle mode?
Take a look on the queue screen, if the shuffle icon is blue it active.

I’ve been told by others that the Ubiquiti evaluation capability is a bit flaky. You may want to check the suggestions and make sure they make sense. I live on a big chunk of land, so I haven’t had a need to try it.

Sheldon

They are a reference but, yes, not as robust as some of the other brands. I evaluate the data myself and set manually. Sometimes I will re-verify with a second app. There is a ton of congestion in my area. One of the Comcast modems from a neighbor actually has a stronger signal in part of my house than my own network. It’s a bit crazy. My network, actually tested, does not extend much beyond the sidewalk. One neighbor is close enough I’m sure they have a strong signal on half their house but I try to limit my pollution in as many directions as possible.