Roon Alternative Applications

Jim I know that you already spent the money, but have you tried Plexamp? Its my out of the house solution and it integrates local and Tidal so I get the same music as at home. Obviously it requires a premium Plex Account but it Works great and will also use copious amounts of data.
May not be for you, as it sounds like you have what you want now.

Regards

Mike

1 Like

Thanks, but Iā€™m good with Roon and Audirvana streaming Tidal and Qobuz. And, lots of Verizon data.

Well good news Jim in that case.
Do you use Tidal App on mobile or no mobile listening for you
Do I assume Audirvarna is PC/Mac cross platform?

After discovering Roon I stopped looking at all other in home devices and started using Plex outside of the house until PlexAmp was released. I then moved to Tidal for the same music set inside and outside and been pretty happy with it though the Mac Desktop app is pretty barebones.

Regards

Mike

I use the Tidal and Qobuz apps with my iPhone 11 Pro Max when walking the dog, etc. It sounds surprisingly good using bluetooth to Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones. I will revert to that also when I exhaust my Verizon hotspot data. Audirvana is running on my laptop.

Jim it sounds that whatever you are listening too Verizon is going to take a hammering :joy:

Mike

1 Like