Roon always stop playing music after 30 minutes

That is almost funny…

I have a similar problem with Roon and HQPlayer. Roon randomly loses control of the audio device. I can’t find the cause.
I have NUC 8 i3 (8GB ram, 256GB Nvme ssd) OS is Gentooplayer with Roon Server and HQP embedded. Signal path is Roon (intel nuc) → HQPe (local) → NAA (Allo usbridge signature with OS Gentooplayer and NAA) → RME ADI-2 dac.
I set HQP to play all to dsd 256 (dop)
Ive set 10ms buffer with default buffer i be dropout.
HQP embedded version is 4.22.3.
Roon always stop playing music randomly (I have a trial license, but the problem is not after 30 minutes).
How ca I solve this problem?
Thanks

You could check from HQPlayer log file why it stopped.

Thanks Jussi

I suspect it is just the trial time limit. Check what is timestamp of HQPlayer Embedded being started versus the first stop.

You can see that in the first image.
15:20 first started (I press apply)
15:23 has stopped

Please help me Jussi :pray:

Hi Antonio,

I’m using AudioLinux with HQP and Roon server. It is quite hard to solve this issue even with the assistance from Jussi or Piero. I suggest you to reinstall the whole system and get latest update.
I conducted the whole system reinstall and solve the problem. Please backup your Roon database. Then reinstall your system and get all latest update. Restore Roon database and get HQP configured as before.
I got my whole system reinstall and reconfigure, all problem gone and enjoy music everyday. Hope this help.

Pressing apply doesn’t mean anything. Only thing that matters is when the hqplayerd process was started.

1 Like

Solved, thanks! I also purchased the license of HQPlayer Embedded and it works perfectly without interruption.

I have a similar issue, could I know how you solved the problem finally? Thanks.

He “purchased the license of HQPlayer Embedded and it works perfectly without interruption.”

1 Like

Thanks for your reply, I just want to confirm if the problem has been solved by purchasing the license of HQPlayer Embedded.

Trial version only lasts for 30 minutes then you have to restart HQPlayer

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.