Roon and Audiolense standalone convolver

Hello,

I use HTPC with jriver and Audiolense New Convolver as output, in a Stereo multiway setup (12 channels) with crossovers embedded in Audiolense XO filter.
For stereo sound, if i send audio from Roon to jriver,

The source is shown as 16 channels, i have to setup 2 channels and retoute audio to the convolver in order to make it work.

Roon is set as stereo and only channels mapping.

I would like to stream directly to the convolver, without Having to use jriver, but it doesen’t work since also by convolver the source is detected as 32 channels

As I know the ASIO protocol goes like this:

1. The host (e.g. Roon) asks how many channels are available - as well as a few other capacities and capabilities.

2. The sound card (virtual or real) gives the appropriate number. Audiolense convolver always says 32.

3. The host (Roon again) asks the sound card (ALC) to create buffers for the required number of channels. On stereo playback that number should be 2 and not 32. And on e.g. 5.1 playback the number should be 6, and so forth.

So why Roon books 32 channels when only 2 will be used? could You change that?

Thank you

Hi @guido_rosario_singar,

I spoke with the team about this and it appears that this is due to the sound card is communicating with Roon. Can you share some details on the sound card’s settings? Is it fully up to date?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.