Roon and internet radio: disappointing

High all,

I am a great Roon fan - and a great radio fan as well. Not the best quality, but there is so much to explore via radio!

But I have to say: Roon and internet radio, that is disapointing. Coming from Linn and Roon had been a great step forword in usebility and sound options (DSP and so on). But the integration of radio is so far from the Roon standard. Have a look at the Linn TuneIn-integration.

I hope, Roon will improve the handling.

Christoph

P.S. Sorry for my poor englisch.

6 Likes

I have to agree. I have manually added the stations I mainly use (BBC). But you canā€™t explore. If I wanted to I would use the Bluesound app which has tune in etc beautifully integrated.
The only problem is ā€˜Hours in the dayā€™. I find I just canā€™t do it all haha.

1 Like

I too would like better internet radio integration, Roon were looking towards TuneIn ā€¦ but alas:

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/streaming-radio-delivered-roon-1-2/597/24?u=carl

3 Likes

Hi Carl,
that is nearly 2 years ago. And: no - it does not have to be TuneIn. Every more handy solution would be fine.

Christoph

1 Like

Maybe it could be a first experiment for a crowdsourced database, where all Roon users can contribute their favorites. It could be used as a testcase towards crowdsourced metadata, reviews etc.

Yes, definitely something to do in the future.

2 Likes

I find it rather embarrassing for Roon that my old!!! Squeezebox Touch and the OliveOne did a MUCH MUCH better job. To let the users add the streams manually is lets put it again this way: embarrassing!

Best regards from Vienna,

Armin

4 Likes

Better Internet Radio Integration still missing: embarrassing!

2 Likes

This was one of the main considerations I had when opting for a new annual subscription.It was mentioned.It is a rudimentary add on that fails to match the quality of other Roon features.It seems to have been left behind but it needs to be improved.

+1

Roon Internetradio functionality has to be improved asap!

1 Like

+1 I miss the squeezebox iPlayer intergration was so good and actually being able to see what track is playing is essential.

1 Like

+1 needs sorting

Can anyone update us on progress to replace the current ā€œmanual URL station inputā€ method?

1 Like

I used the Cambridge Audio app successfully. Was simple to set up stations in an on line app. Browse by country, genre. They may be worth talking to.

Yes, it is NOT good to manually add radio stations, this is VERY old school. I agree with the others, do some search possible searching like in iTunes og Squeezebox or whatever. ItĀ“s painfull to have to load iTunes, hit Command I (get info), and then copy paste the station into Roon.
This is definitely NOT how to do internet radio in 2017

Im getting a ā€œunable to playback this channel. Its address may have changed or it may be temporarily unavailableā€ message with all my internet radio stations, is anyone else experiencing this?

Not here - but then I only have BBC Radio 3 and BBC Radio 4 as my internet radio stationsā€¦

BBC Radio 5 live has been ok all day today

It was my fault a cockup with logging in, thanks for your assistance

The OliveOne had an own database which got updated automatically. Thatā€™s how this should be done.