Roon and Lampizator configuration issues

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Lampizator GG2, Linux, Roon Core: Zenith version 1.6 (build 416) stable (64 bit)
Software Serial# 88356087-EF87-4964-B9DF-SF0B08021D98

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet to Innuos ZEN Mk3 network streamer, USB to Lampizator GG2

Description Of Issue

1. When I try and configure the device in Roon settings and I hit the “Configure” button, The Roon icon spins away with a message “Searching for devices” but never does anything more than this. What’s wrong? Seems like there’s a handshake to be made, but it doesn’t occur. The GG2 was set up for Linux which is what the Innuous presumably uses. Any idea what’s going on?

2. The most important issue***: I cannot seem to get DSD Playback Strategy to list “native” as an option. Since the method above is not helpful to configure the device, I have to select Audio from the Roon menu, and then under “Connected to Core” I see “Combo384Amanero”. I then hit the small setting wheel which leads to “Device setup”. I can then see DSD Playback strategy options but I can only play back DSD using “DSD over PCM v1.0 (DoP). There is no “native” option that is visible (which is one of the reasons I bought the device- I assumed I’d be able to play native configuration DSDs). I can indeed play 4X DSD under “DSD over PCM v1.0 (DoP), so at least I’m getting music, but what about native? Am I doing something wrong?

3. Surprisingly, although it seems every manufacturer under the DAC sun is listed as an “identify your device” option under “Device Setup” , Lampizator is not listed. Very discouraging. Again, am I doing something wrong?
    Thanks in advance
    Marty

Hi @Martin_Wax,

Welcome to the Community!

The configure button is only for Cores running RoonOS, such as ROCK and Nucleus. Since you are using Innuous, I would expect nothing to appear there.

For Native DSD playback on Linux the DAC as well as the computer must implement support for the specific device in order for Native DSD playback to be possible. We do not have the Lampizator DAC nor an Innuos Roon Core in-house, so we cannot guess if the Lampizator or the Innuos implement Linux Native DSD support for the DAC. I recommend you reach out to the manufacturers involved to ensure you are receiving the correct information

Lampizator is not part of our Roon Ready/Roon Tested program. Only devices that we have in-house that have been certified will appear on that list. This does not mean that your Lapizator won’t work, just that we haven’t tested this device and won’t be able to set the appropriate audio settings, they will need to be configured manually in the Device Setup tab.

Thorough and clear. Thanks very much. I’ll reach out to Lampizator and Innuous and report back if I learn something useful.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.